HHO Generators (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
looks a bit more substancial than the last one posted on here.
lt looked like a jamjar with some tubes.

personally i'd sooner spend me dosh on the shiny red klaxon horn next to it. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

143 miles extra per tank..........that works out at around 15mpg extra.......if you beleive that i'v got some moonrock that tastes like chedder cheese if you wanna buy some....:Doh:

Last edited:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

When i first saw this I hadn't noticed any body selling anything it just appeared that these were just a lot of enthusiastic people who had made up their own gadgets, so at the time i really couldn't see any real scam as it didn't appear anyone was asking for money,

While i perhaps agree with the general consensus that it probably won't work, the principal of injecting an extra fuel into the combustion cycle of a diesel engine has already been established on LPG conversions of diesel engines which does provide a small increase on mpg albeit i personally think the conversion costs are prohibitive .

I think on balance i won't be taking the HHO route albeit if the injection of LPG into the air intake of a diesel engine works then why wouldn't Hydrogen ??? assuming that the devices they have made can separate the Hydrogen from the water ??

I suppose the main problem would be choosing the correct grade of mineral water ?? and we all know the price of those ? LoL:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hi watch this: YouTube - No, you can't run your car on water - it's a scam

If you still think it works spend your money.

Olley

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Braunston, they reason it doesn't work is because it uses more in petrol to generate the electrical power needed to produce the HHO than you get when you feed the HHO into the engine.

If this wasn't the case then you could simply run on HHO with a big enough HHO generator without using any petrol.

Olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I fitted one of these contraptions to a elderly Triumph herald about 30 years ago when they were in vogue. The theory was that the water mist in the manifold would be turned into steam by the heat of the engine giving a bit of extra expansion in the combustion chamber. It did actually appear to give slightly more MPG (nearly 50p a gallon then!) but no way was it claimed to produce any hydrogen. There was a certain logic to it as it was effectively using surplus heat from combustion which would otherwise be wasted. I don't think I'd like to try it on a modern engine though!

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Olley

So are you saying it does actually work but the economics of the principal are not cost affective, e.g. its assuming perpetual motion principal is possible ??

Only i wasn't sure if the actual contraption that they were showing would actually do anything ??:Eeek::Eeek: are you suggesting that the contraption does work ?? and it would produce Hydrogen and that if Hydrogen was injected into the the air intake, assuming it could be produced freely it would actually increase the mpg ??

Hi Braunston, they reason it doesn't work is because it uses more in petrol to generate the electrical power needed to produce the HHO than you get when you feed the HHO into the engine.

If this wasn't the case then you could simply run on HHO with a big enough HHO generator without using any petrol.

Olley

Last edited:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Hi, Olley

So are you saying it does actually work but the economics of the principal are not cost affective, e.g. its assuming perpetual motion principal is possible ??

Only i wasn't sure if the actual contraption that they were showing would actually do anything ??:Eeek::Eeek: are you suggesting that the contraption does work ?? and it would produce Hydrogen and that if Hydrogen was injected into the the air intake, assuming it could be produced freely it would actually increase the mpg ??

:Cool: YES., It DOES Work:-

CHEC HFI Hydrogen Fuel Injection system reduces emissions and improves engine efficiency, reducing fuel consumption while producing more power. It works with your truck, right now.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967

Olley

once a battery is charged the alternator is still running with power to spare, no additional power is needed, so this argument does not hold water, hee hee, besides the contraption is intended to supplement fuel only not replace it. Not sure what gains there are but is a fact that browns gas is produced and will burn. Only time will tell. This idea surfaced in the 1950's and the patent was bought and shelved by the fuels companies. So nothing new. Why would the fuel companies spend such vast sums to bury it.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
once a battery is charged the alternator is still running with power to spare, no additional power is needed, so this argument does not hold water, hee hee, besides the contraption is intended to supplement fuel only not replace it. Not sure what gains there are but is a fact that browns gas is produced and will burn. Only time will tell. This idea surfaced in the 1950's and the patent was bought and shelved by the fuels companies. So nothing new. Why would the fuel companies spend such vast sums to bury it.

Hi wildman, you are incorrect, the alternator is running but any draw of current from it requires power from the engine. you can't get power from an alternator without putting power in, usually only about 80% or more of the power you put in.

According to the web, elecytrolysis is only about 50% efficient, the other 50% of the power is converted into heat, which seems to indicate that the glass bottles they are using would better employed for making tea rather than gas. ::bigsmile:

"Their ain't no such thing as a free lunch"

Olley

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
The two short clips prove nothing. For all we know the container could actually contain hydrogen and nothing else.

You must understand the basic principles of energy conversion. Energy out of a device must always be less than energy in as you cannot create energy only change its form.

So though such a device may create hydrogen it will absorb more energy than it creates. There are hundreds of device that simply clip to an engine that have spiel such as "increase power by over 30% and improve fuel consumption by 50%".

They do not exist in reality otherwise they would be in general use by all manufacturers today.

dream on.

This dream ranks alonside such as ceating gold from base metals.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back