Kelling Heath camping (1 Viewer)

Apr 18, 2013
Nuthampstead
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
since 2013
Ive been. Lot`s for the kids to do, food is o.k and decent bar, plus a shop on site.
They put on a lot of activities for children too.
Lots of walks, cycle tracks, and a fishing pond/lake.
Also a very nice pool/steam room etc, but quite expensive as I remember.
We went to see the seals, off the coast, when we went. Which was really good !

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Nice rural site, good facilities , beautiful views and walks and the NNorfolk steam railway "Poppy Line" runs close by between Sheringham and Holt with a station just down the road .:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
I was told you could bribe the border guard with a box of carrots !:winky:

Vlad

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Have been a couple of times, nice site, the last time though pool was closed as well as few other things, perhaps has changed now,

good but VERY EXPENSIVE though and that was fifteen years ago.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
just distract them and have them count to 7. that will mean using a second hand so will confuse their basic brain. over 14 and they need to phone their cousin/brother/uncle (all the same person) and borrow one of his/her hands for the counting:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Have been a couple of times, nice site, the last time though pool was closed as well as few other things, perhaps has changed now,

good but VERY EXPENSIVE though and that was fifteen years ago.

Was thinking of wild camping in their car park and just buying 1 kids leisure pass.that way I could send Lou in to open the fire escape for the rest of us.If I take my own food and booze I reckon it'll only cost £20 for the week!

Vlad the freeloading tosser!:winky:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Stayed there 3 years ago. Very nice site, partly manicured pitches with hard standing, then there is also part next to the Heath that is all grass, but it's well drained and nice short grass. Toilet/shower blocks are of a high standard, as are the washing up facilities.

It was great walking through the trees to the railway. You just stand on the mini platform and stick you hand out when you see the train approaching! Every other train is a steam engine. Or you can get on the train at Holt station. Easy access to Sherringham and Cromer. Easy walking across the Heath right from the site. Do not even have to open a gate as the site is up fenced.

Didn't use the bar, just the cafe for a cooked breakfast. The shop is well stocked but expensive.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Norfolk

We have not stayed at Kelling Heath but have been to Forest Park which is just up the road near Cromer nice site club house pool 20 minuets walk to Cromer but you need to keep an eye on site fees as low season is about £17 and can jump to £27 the next day:thumb:

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Yes it is expensive but if you want somewhere cheaper try Becks farm just behind Kelling Heath great site,on 2 of the 3 fields you can even have a campfire and kids love it.:thumb:

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
We went a couple of years ago. What we did not like was we could not just buy a ticket to swim , had to buy a ticket for all gym etc in 1. This made it £11 each to go for a swim , a bit steep we thought and never went swimming. Nice walks down through the woods to the steam train line. Hope you enjoy it.

Jan 1, 2013
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
since May 2013
Kelling Heath is a very nice all singing all dancing site, but expensive. We use Breck Farm, very basic, but as has been said in earlier post, campfires allowed, it's not smart, looks a bit scruffy really when you arrive, but very relaxed and friendly. You can walk through the woods into Kelling Heath to use their shop takeaway and bar, but obviously not facilities like the swimming pool. We really like going to Breck farm, it's family owned and we never have a problem getting in even at the last minute, bank hols included. Not marked pitches in non electric area, just a field and you choose where to park up. It all depends what you're looking for, but we prefer being able to turn up on spec., have a campfire, park where we fancy and have a back to basics break, in our MH with all it's mod cons, :ROFLMAO:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
We've been to Kelling Heath after the son's tent got blown away in a gale at Forest Park. As others have said plenty to do and great dog walks but we were on grass and got bogged down there and needed a tow off. Mind you we've been bogged down nearly everywhere when on grass. :roflmto:

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
just distract them and have them count to 7. that will mean using a second hand so will confuse their basic brain. over 14 and they need to phone their cousin/brother/uncle (all the same person) and borrow one of his/her hands for the counting:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sounds just like that county down South.....

What was it........

Oh yes, I remember....................

Dorset! :Eeek::ROFLMAO::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back