Gaslow filler hole on Rapido V 56 (1 Viewer)

Greenacres

Free Member
Jan 10, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van t620
Exp
13 years since retirement and many younger years as a Hippy in a VW conversion, roaming the Greek Is
Is it possible to use a Gaslow tank in a Rapido V 56 panel van.
The small seat in the doorway houses the gas tanks but I have been told that the filler hole would have to be inside the van on the side of this seat. Please could I have advice on what to do as just putting in 2 propane bottles would not last our trip even with time on hook up.
I don't fancy the smell and possible dirt/ safety of stopping at a garage for LPG and opening up the van. Thankyou

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
If you are in stoke ,why not nip down to towtal opposite the Brit, they will soon tell you:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we have the Rapido V53 van, and have 2 x 11kg aluminium refillable bottles, we have had Gaslow but changed to the lighter bottles on our last motorhome, then swapped them to this one. :thumb:
Have you looked at Gas it they are the same bottles just red instead of yellow. ::bigsmile:

Our gas locker is at the rear, and I took the filler pipe through the floor and its at the rear of the van, in your case you would take it through the bottom of the gas box and put one of these from gas it near your step. :thumb:

Here: Broken Link Removed

:thumb: Bob.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Is it possible to use a Gaslow tank in a Rapido V 56 panel van.
The small seat in the doorway houses the gas tanks but I have been told that the filler hole would have to be inside the van on the side of this seat. Please could I have advice on what to do as just putting in 2 propane bottles would not last our trip even with time on hook up.
I don't fancy the smell and possible dirt/ safety of stopping at a garage for LPG and opening up the van. Thankyou

... what numpty told you that! That is just plain stupid! :Doh:

Below is your locker set-up so I'd do as has been suggested and get the small Gas-it one and stick it next to the step, it would look something like the other photo below from the outside.

Attachments

• rapido v56 gas bottle locker.jpg
    rapido v56 gas bottle locker.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 45
  • Gas-it fill point.jpg
    Gas-it fill point.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 45

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
installing the filler inside the van will cause problems at the filling station.
Even though you would be filling correctly via the proper filler It could appear to the pump attendant you could be filling standard calor bottles with an adaptor which is forbidden in more and more petrol stations.

A longer hose and filler on the outside panel is the way to go.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Greenacres

Greenacres

Free Member
Jan 10, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van t620
Exp
13 years since retirement and many younger years as a Hippy in a VW conversion, roaming the Greek Is
Chaser you were right about Towtal. They have explained what they intend to do so Smiley Rapido will get her Gaslow after all. Thanks a bunch and they are only just up the road from me.

sadlonelygit

Free Member
Jan 28, 2014
forest of dean
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
since 1975
IIRC it is illegal to have a filler in the habitation area of the vehicle.
didn't stop my local stealer fitting one in our old hymer in the map locker by the passenger!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back