Autoroute 2007 does it cover Croatia (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Has anyone purchased Autoroute 2007 and if they have does it cover Croatia all of the write-ups say Croatia has been added but doesn't go into to much detail,

We currently use Autoroute 2006 GPS on our laptop and find it perfect for traveling around as a GPS system, but i don't want to upgrade until I can confirm it has sufficient detail to be used in and getting too Croatia

Thanks for any advice

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Braunston

I have autoroute 2007 and its 10 times better than the 2 sat navs I have put together.

It does have Croatia but it is very sparse and only covers the main highways not sure it's worth buying if thats your priority.

Sorry mate but better than spending £60-ish

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
PC Navigator 8 has the following coverage for Croatia 50% fully attributed street network. 100% ICNW = interconnecting network, 100% major road network. I've just been have a browse around it and it looks like all but the smallest towns are covered.

Regards
Doug

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Thanks to everyone, that has saved me ??? from wasting money

I have never seen PC Navigator will it work as a GPS system on a laptop ??

Thanks

PC Navigator 8 has the following coverage for Croatia 50% fully attributed street network. 100% ICNW = interconnecting network, 100% major road network. I've just been have a browse around it and it looks like all but the smallest towns are covered.

Regards
Doug

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Navigator 8 is a fully featured satellite navigation system that runs on XP and Vista. It's also available for smartphones/pdas running Windows Mobile 5 and dedicated devices running Windows CE. They do two major versions, Standard and Truck Edition which allows you to set vehicle dimensions for route planning.
Operationally, it's much more like TomTom/Mio/Garmin than Autoroute. Coverage and level of detail is exceptional going right out as far as Turkey! On the road it pops up a box showing you the motorway sign to look for and has lane "lollipops", red ones mean don't use this lane and green ones mean it's ok.
Software and GPS is £110 less 10% if you put "motorhomefun" in as the voucher.

Regards
Doug

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Doug
Talking to my youngest who sells all types of sat systems for a living, I asked about the benefits of having a system that would allow selection of vehicle size, and said it was a shame and a surprise that Tom Tom had not jumped at the opportunity to include that data in their equipment, and his reply surprised me,
He said contrary to popular belief the vehicle size selection did not mean you would be prevented from getting into tight spots, the software only took details of what roads were legally defined as suitable and not restricted by weight, you could still be sent down a road that was too narrow, it was impossible to have every road visibly checked and measured, and the only data base was legally restricted roads, it appears you have used such a system whats your take on it
Geo

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Doug

He said contrary to popular belief the vehicle size selection did not mean you would be prevented from getting into tight spots, the software only took details of what roads were legally defined as suitable and not restricted by weight, you could still be sent down a road that was too narrow,

I concur - I bought the Garmin and you could tell it that you were driving a car, truck or bus. We tried it as both a bus and atruck but it was naff. When I complained that it still routed through lanes with grass up the middle I was told, the route planning did not work on width, but on the legal width restrictions.

IMO the best way to use the satnav in a big RV where width might be an issue is to use a map or autoroute to plot the route that you want to use, then input that route via a list of favourites or an itinerary on to the satnav. Then let the satnav take you there, you don't have to struggle with maps or worry where the voice is taking you. :thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I concur - I bought the Garmin and you could tell it that you were driving a car, truck or bus. We tried it as both a bus and atruck but it was naff. When I complained that it still routed through lanes with grass up the middle I was told, the route planning did not work on width, but on the legal width restrictions.

IMO the best way to use the satnav in a big RV where width might be an issue is to use a map or autoroute to plot the route that you want to use, then input that route via a list of favourites or an itinerary on to the satnav. Then let the satnav take you there, you don't have to struggle with maps or worry where the voice is taking you. :thumb:
Are you saying I have to tell my youngest he was Rrrr he was Rrrrrrr sorry. say he was Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr No cant do it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Hi,

Has anyone purchased Autoroute 2007 and if they have does it cover Croatia all of the write-ups say Croatia has been added but doesn't go into to much detail,

We currently use Autoroute 2006 GPS on our laptop and find it perfect for traveling around as a GPS system, but i don't want to upgrade until I can confirm it has sufficient detail to be used in and getting too Croatia

Thanks for any advice

Hi,

I'm still using A/R 2001 as it has Turkey on it unlike the later versions. It also has Croatia.

Can somebody explain what A/R GPS is please, I have a Garmin 350. Please keep it simple as my Sat Nav knowledge is very limited.

Thanks.

Don

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I tried the new Sirius 2000 Proline Truckmate Euro. All singing and dancing made especially for drivers of trucks, coaches and large motorhomes.

Load of crap sent in back after 2 days and got a refund it was worse than useless.:shout:

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Don

A/R GPS better known as Autoroute 2006 or 2007 with GPS, is basically the same as the 2001 version albeit they have left out the maps of places like Croatia and Turkey etc. but they have added a GPS function so you plug a small GPS receiver into one of your laptops USB slots and place the the receiver in the window start up Autoroute and it acts the same as your Garmin, the voice tells you where to turn etc and the map flows showing you the way to go, it has a lot more functions than just those i have explained but that is the basis of what it does.

I have a small shelf set up above the glove box on the passenger side where the laptop sits and is plugged into the cigar socket and we find it perfect, we just plan the route and away we go ?

Hi,

I'm still using A/R 2001 as it has Turkey on it unlike the later versions. It also has Croatia.

Can somebody explain what A/R GPS is please, I have a Garmin 350. Please keep it simple as my Sat Nav knowledge is very limited.

Thanks.

Don

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Well, I don't what to say. From my conversations with the authors they are using the latest truck attributed database. They say it has route optimisation for large vehicles based on vehicle height and weight and avoids low bridges and narrow lanes. Certainly seemed to perform as advertised when we tested it.
UK has full street level truck attributes.
Belgium , Germany, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Switzerland, United Kingdom have interconnecting road truck attributes.
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland and UK have major road truck attributes.
I'll speak to them again on Monday but I think it's the real deal AND covers the whole of Europe and large chunks of Eastern Europe.

Regards
Doug

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Navigator 8 Truck edition

The truck edition IS the real deal. I've just heard from the authors that it's using the enhanced road database supplied by TeleAtlas.
It's got a lot going for it
  1. 7 Digit postcodes
  2. Truck routing
  3. Import POI
  4. Speed cameras
  5. 3D images of important POIs
  6. Correct lane indicators
  7. Full European coverage out to Turkey
  8. Software starts at £70
  9. Versions for XP & Vista, Mobile 5 and Windows CE
We tested it a couple of months ago (postings were lost during server rebuild) and it gave very good results in our 34' RV. Since this thread started I've been trying a few tests. For instance I set a journey from Staines to Chertsey. In a car the fastest route is along Staines Lane but there's a low bridge on that road so for trucks the safest route is around the M25.
If anyone has a shortish journey with some HGV restrictions could you send them to me and I'll post the results. Height, weight or width.

Regards
Doug

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back