Long term safe parking in France ???? (2 Viewers)

Kizmax

Free Member
Feb 20, 2014
West coast ireand
Funster No
MH
Mercedes cipro garage
Exp
Hi we are going to France in June in our MH and we thought we might leave it there and fly out as often as we can as we live in Ireland and the ferry costs are prohibitive as much as 1200 euro , flights to poitier are reasonable and we have a local airport
Do you think this is feasable and safe and or wise
Has anyone tried doing this :Smile:

Last edited:

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
Long term safe parking in France

Hi, yes is the answer,parc-verger campsite run by bob and di,ken bruce one of our funsters lives there on site,very safe and will not be expensive,not far from Limoge airport and bob will always arrange transport to and from the airport,regards H.::bigsmile:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This sort of thing has been asked before but the one major stumbling block seems to be that insurance companies will NOT insure MHs when they are left on their own outside of the owner's country of residence. Also you'd have to think about MOT etc requirements. There is also the need to register it in the country in which you leave it, if it is there for 6 months or more I believe.

Perhaps it might be worth considering hiring rather than owning?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DP+JAY

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2010
Dalbeattie
Funster No
MH
Laika 5009
Exp
since 2007, 25 years tuggin before that.
If this is something you plan to do long term you would be better buying a camping car over there.Registered in France, MoT every 2 years, no road tax & insurance would be no problem. Or find somewhere in england to leave it, that should cut the cost a bit?

Last edited:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
We are happy to help, as will be Ken (you can pm us or ksebruce) though the comments above are valid. We frequently have motorhomes left here, and at present have a 5th wheel and caravan on hat we are looking after. Clearly the last two are easier as there is no MOT complication.

Bob
www.parcverger.com

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Yep Parc Verger!

If you want to put your vehicle into the French system mine was easy, I can only speak for mine tho -3.5te's

You need V5
Certificate of conformity (from the motor home maker)
Tax exemption certificate (easy)
French address (PV)
CT (French MOT)

The French end I can help with once you have the V5 and cert of conformity. :Smile:

Last edited:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Yep Parc Verger!

If you want to put your vehicle into the French system mine was easy, I can only speak for mine tho -3.5te's

You need V5
Certificate of conformity (from the motor home maker)
Tax exemption certificate (easy)
French address (PV)
CT (French MOT)

The French end I can help with once you have the V5 and cert of conformity. :Smile:

We registered ours too but a bit more complicated as +3.5tonnes. Took a bit of time but can be done. Did you not need two certificates of conformity ? They asked for 1 from the base vehicle ie Fiat and also the converter ie Hobby. But maybe that was because our van is also older and did not have the E number on the V5.

OP
OP
K

Kizmax

Free Member
Feb 20, 2014
West coast ireand
Funster No
MH
Mercedes cipro garage
Exp
Hi and thanks

We are happy to help, as will be Ken (you can pm us or ksebruce) though the comments above are valid. We frequently have motorhomes left here, and at present have a 5th wheel and caravan on hat we are looking after. Clearly the last two are easier as there is no MOT complication.

Bob
www.parcverger.com

Thanks for all the replies , we will only be leaving it for a few months in total and flying out as often as we could I will have a look and speak with bob or ken after I check out the website thanks again

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back