Dog fouling - Dog owners please read (1 Viewer)

Jan 16, 2014
Harleston, Harleston, Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class, Autotrail Scout
Exp
Oct, 2013
Please don't use this thread to slag off irresponsible dog owners. I think most of us agree that's been done to death and to be honest they won't take any notice.
The purpose of this thread is to show you how easy it is to teach your dog to urinate/excrete on command. Choose a command, the one I use is 'Be Clean' I know there are more descriptive ones, like have a 'cr**', but you may have to give the command in mixed company and why be crude if it's not needed.
Every time your dog stops to urinate/excrete give the command, even if the dog started to do it before you are ready or is doing it in the wrong place. The purpose is to teach the action to the command. When the dog is finished, praise the dog and give it a treat if you have one (and clear up). This will take about a fortnight or so depending on the breed and intelligence of the dog. Quite soon when you give the command the dog will perform the required action. Even when the dog knows the command and performs, always give praise.
I give this command in the front garden prior to taking the dog for a walk, but I still carry a bag.
Hope this helps

Mike

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Hmmm, bit basic! Can it not use the toilet? :winky:

Corbis-42-53227622.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We were told by our busters breeder to do this , when puppy training. We use the words, be good. It works.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I say, be quick, from when she a very young puppy, at home when toilet training doesn`t always work when out though so always have pockets full of bags.

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Works for me, first time at least.
Trying it 3 times a hour leaves the dog looking pretty desperate.:Smile:

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Mine wee to command but pooing is a different matter, hence me running along the canal towpath this morning, poo bag in hand after said dog!
On campsites I do pick up after other dogs ( it can be easy to miss in a largish field) just so others don't think I didn't clean up after mine.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I say, be quick, from when she a very young puppy, at home when toilet training doesn`t always work when out though so always have pockets full of bags.

Sounds a bit silly but that is the one that we use. Even works on Jake the idiot cocker spaniel, though doubt it would work on either a setter or a flat coat retriever......... (Well, it did work eventually on the latter. Beautiful but utterly thick):winky:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
never had a dog yet that we couldn't train to perform the necessary. sometimes when away though they spot or hear something interesting and need to be called back to get on with the task at hand.

one memorable moment was my little girl squatting to wee when a rabbit popped out of a hole beside her. not normally a problem but this was 2.30am and we were staying on a caravan club site. she shot out of the dog walk and straight across the site in pursuit. my normal answer to this is call her back but given the time, it was a loud stage whisper. 20 odd minutes later she was back on the lead and down the dog walk again to resume what she was supposed to be doing.

commands are great but not when you are tiptoeing about in the early hours:ROFLMAO:

Lord Mac

Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm a newbie
I use the phrase quick quick, mainly due to the pouring rain whilst training my pup. It annoys me when I see dog owners allowing their dogs to cr*p without picking it up. After challenging them I always give them a bag.

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
I use the phrase quick quick, mainly due to the pouring rain whilst training my pup. It annoys me when I see dog owners allowing their dogs to cr*p without picking it up. After challenging them I always [HI]give them a bag[/HI].
Full one I hope ::bigsmile:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
We were told by our busters breeder to do this , when puppy training. We use the words, be good. It works.

What does Ralph do when you tell him to be good??:ROFLMAO:
Keep it clean, Bev.

Yes, that's like me when I hear Emmerdales theme tune. Wine time mmmmm

Spar's finest Eebaagoom Medium Dry?:thumb:

Just remembered something....
Wouldn't it be Sanatogen now?:ROFLMAO:

I know, I'll get me coat.:Sad:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Great to hear of responsible people taking responsible measures.:thumb:

Like me, you probably wish they all were.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Please don't use this thread to slag off irresponsible dog owners. I think most of us agree that's been done to death and to be honest they won't take any notice.
The purpose of this thread is to show you how easy it is to teach your dog to urinate/excrete on command. Choose a command, the one I use is 'Be Clean' I know there are more descriptive ones, like have a 'cr**', but you may have to give the command in mixed company and why be crude if it's not needed.
Every time your dog stops to urinate/excrete give the command, even if the dog started to do it before you are ready or is doing it in the wrong place. The purpose is to teach the action to the command. When the dog is finished, praise the dog and give it a treat if you have one (and [HI]clear up). This will take about a fortnight or so depending on the breed and intelligence of the dog.[/HI] Quite soon when you give the command the dog will perform the required action. Even when the dog knows the command and performs, always give praise.
I give this command in the front garden prior to taking the dog for a walk, but I still carry a bag.
Hope this helps

Mike

A fortnight to clear up? Better take the dog to the vet I think :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Our dogs 'go' on command, we usually say "have a wee-wee/poo-poo" and, if they don't get on with the necessary, we then say "hurry up" which gets them back on track. The only time one of them won't perform is when she's worried such as if she hears a noise or something that unsettles her, so we'll leave it 10 mins and try her again until she does. :thumb:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Last night while we were out for his final walk of the day, in the rain, "hurry up Sooks I getting bloody wet" seemed to have done the trick :thumb:

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
We use the guidance given by a local 'guide dogs for the blind' trainer and use, since they were pups, the words "busy busy" which results in go to pee - "lets get busy" = dump..... Simples.::bigsmile:

Regards,

Trikeman.

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
never had a dog yet that we couldn't train to perform the necessary. sometimes when away though they spot or hear something interesting and need to be called back to get on with the task at hand.

one memorable moment was my little girl squatting to wee when a rabbit popped out of a hole beside her. not normally a problem but this was 2.30am and we were staying on a caravan club site. she shot out of the dog walk and straight across the site in pursuit. my normal answer to this is call her back but given the time, it was a loud stage whisper. 20 odd minutes later she was back on the lead and down the dog walk again to resume what she was supposed to be doing.

commands are great but not when you are tiptoeing about in the early hours:ROFLMAO:

My wife got up to stand out side whilst they had a wee one time on a site in the early hours.Something caught their attention and they were off barking and i heard them at the other side of the site.My wife was doing like a shouting whisper if that makes sense trying to call them back :ROFLMAO: I of course was laid there laughing hard and trying not to let her hear i was awake :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Just said "be clean " to Angus and he began to lick his balls :Eeek::Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back