Alde Digital Control Panel 3010 .213 (1 Viewer)

barrywi

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I am a Newbie to motorhomes but have caravaned for years
I am about to replace the digital control panel for the central heating boiler ( 3010) in my motorhome with a later colour version. Is anyone interested in the one I will be taking out .They retail at around £130 from Alde but I would accept any reasonable offer as it will be of no further use to me . It is a 2008 van and works fine.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I will give you a tenner for the new digital panel:winky:

I'm just going to fit the battery back-up that I bought at the NEC

What do you reckon is the advantage of the digital panel over the old type?

OP
OP
barrywi

barrywi

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I have only experience of the digital panel so cannot compare the two. Looking at the Alde catalogue the digital controller does have an LCD display of temperatures set and actual in the van and all sorts of other functions I have never used in the menus. The Alde website has all the details of the functions and their printed catalogue gives plenty of information about all the options and accessories . You may have to check about whether you can just connect the digital display in place of the manual one, you may need extra cables but I am sure if you ring Alde they will tell you.
Maybe the ten pounds offer is a bit cheeky but get back to me with a better offer when you find out if it would be an easy swop.
I should have the new panel by Wednesday so hope to take the current one out after that. I have been told it is a simple swap of cables and enlarging the hole slightly.
Just noticed an adaptor cable in the catalogue for conversion for 12 pounds so that may be all you need?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I have only experience of the digital panel so cannot compare the two. Looking at the Alde catalogue the digital controller does have an LCD display of temperatures set and actual in the van and all sorts of other functions I have never used in the menus. The Alde website has all the details of the functions and their printed catalogue gives plenty of information about all the options and accessories . You may have to check about whether you can just connect the digital display in place of the manual one, you may need extra cables but I am sure if you ring Alde they will tell you.
Maybe the ten pounds offer is a bit cheeky but get back to me with a better offer when you find out if it would be an easy swop.
I should have the new panel by Wednesday so hope to take the current one out after that. I have been told it is a simple swap of cables and enlarging the hole slightly.
Just noticed an adaptor cable in the catalogue for conversion for 12 pounds so that may be all you need?

My apologies for the offer but it was intended to be a joke which misfired on me as it was intended to be for your new colour panel:Doh:

Our system is already fitted with the digital panel but not a colour one and I have considered changing for the new version.

I've just realised that the battery back-up they sold me at the show is not compatible with my existing panel :cry: so may have to reconsider updating as you are doing.

OP
OP
barrywi

barrywi

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
No problem ,luckily after I had decided to swap to the colour panel I looked on EBay and found the upgrade kit on sale , which includes the panel and the new frame which is needed as they are different sizes. The components are over £200 new but I got them from someone who was going to upgrade the system on his caravan but instead decided to buy a new van with the colour display fitted. They cost me a bid of £132, not cheap but they are new and have not been fitted, so it may be worth a look there.
I Decided to swap because I found the current display difficult to read and was unnecessarily complicated to use.
Let us know if you decide to change.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
No problem ,luckily after I had decided to swap to the colour panel I looked on EBay and found the upgrade kit on sale , which includes the panel and the new frame which is needed as they are different sizes. The components are over £200 new but I got them from someone who was going to upgrade the system on his caravan but instead decided to buy a new van with the colour display fitted. They cost me a bid of £132, not cheap but they are new and have not been fitted, so it may be worth a look there.
I Decided to swap because[HI] I found the current display difficult to read and was unnecessarily complicated to use.[/HI]
Let us know if you decide to change.

I totally agree with you regarding being over complicated. You certainly got a good deal .... I will keep a look out for another such deal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
barrywi

barrywi

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Just a thought but if the battery back up you have is suitable for my new panel do you want to sell it to me?
I don't think I have one fitted at the moment.
I should be taking the old panel out on Wednesday or Thursday but will wait if you agree to sell.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Just a thought but if the battery back up you have is suitable for my new panel do you want to sell it to me?
I don't think I have one fitted at the moment.
I should be taking the old panel out on Wednesday or Thursday but will wait if you agree to sell.

Many thanks for the offer but I have returned it to Alde who have agreed to exchange it for the correct part as they sold me the wrong one ..... I hope all goes well with your swap over.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back