Gas Locker inner panel "pimpling" (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
One for my learned funsters the "pimpling" on the door inside panel of my gas locker seems to be worsening. Van is coming up 12 months old and goes back to dealer next month for completion of warranty work.

I will highlight this problem and ask their advice but I value yours, am I correct in guessing this could be water/dampness under the skin of the panel. Its only present on the lower section of the door (when in closed position) which is subject to possible road spray in wet conditions.

Couple of photo's attached.

Attachments

• panel01.jpg
    panel01.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 96
  • panel02.jpg
    panel02.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
One for my learned funsters the "pimpling" on the door inside panel of my gas locker seems to be worsening. Van is coming up 12 months old and goes back to dealer next month for completion of warranty work.

I will highlight this problem and ask their advice but I value yours, am I correct in guessing this could be water/dampness under the skin of the panel. Its only present on the lower section of the door (when in closed position) which is subject to possible road spray in wet conditions.

Couple of photo's attached.

after they attempt to fix it:cry: you could use a section of the 'Fiamma rain drip' attach with strip facing towards ground and along the length of the locker door frame:Cool:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i dont know what that is but i dont think its caused by damp....the panel would probably show delamination bulges.

Could be interior condensation (off the gas bottles) causing blistering

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
the interior surface from the pic looks like its standard wall board. ( almost fabric like )

is the marking just in the middle or all across the bottom? could it simply be rubbing against that black plastic item you have between the bottles.

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
the interior surface from the pic looks like its standard wall board. ( almost fabric like )

is the marking just in the middle or all across the bottom? could it simply be rubbing against that black plastic item you have between the bottles.

Its right across Phil (black items are folded rubber door mats):thumb:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
damp meter is the only thing that will tell really, they could test it either in yoiur presence or give you a written confirmation its damp free.

alternatively get a meter off fleabay for around a£10

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

i dont think its the lighter rub marks from the plastic thing....its the surface pimpling across the whole lower section.

Still think its condensation getting into the 'fabric' and making it swell slightly.

Could try taping some plastic sheet across the damage and see if it gets worse with it on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
The pimpling is quite hard and pointed to the touch. I have a damp meter and will give it a try but not today we have been buffeted all day by a full on gale and driving rain. (Can't even experiment with my gas reg PJ):Eeek:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The pimpling is quite hard and pointed to the touch. I have a damp meter and will give it a try but not today we have been buffeted all day by a full on gale and driving rain. ([HI]Can't even experiment with my gas reg PJ[/HI]):Eeek:

Huh !!!! Ex merchant navy, live in Scotland.....and you're afraid of a little rain. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Update, just had its first hab check, that panel showed in excess of 40% so they have ordered me a new gas locker door :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back