Free Member
Sep 7, 2011
KINCARDINE FIFE
Funster No
MH
BESSACAR E520
Exp
As I am totally patriotic-

Can someone advise if a Scotland sticker is legal to replace the required GB sticker in Europe.
:Doh:

Regards

Lexus

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
no, you have GB plates so either the number plate must have the euro star circle with GB in blue or a separate GB sticker which are now yellow GB on black.

May 30, 2012
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
We have number plates with the euro star around SCO. We have always believed this was all that was required (but could very easily be wrong) and have never had any problems.

Audrey

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
see here;-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicl...,_Crown_dependencies_and_overseas_territories

cut & paste

National emblems within Great Britain[edit]
Owners of vehicles registered in Great Britain which are not already displaying the EU format "GB" plate may choose to display plates with a national emblem plus lettering. Either the full wording or the abbreviation is used.[13]
United Kingdom England Scotland Wales
GB - GREAT BRITAIN
Great Britain
UK - UNITED KINGDOM
United Kingdom
ENG - Eng - ENGLAND - England
SCO - Sco - SCOTLAND - Scotland
CYM - Cym - CYMRU - Cymru
WALES - Wales
[HI]Although these plates are permitted throughout the entire UK,[13] they are not recognised in other countries, therefore a motorist who drives a vehicle abroad displaying these plates must also affix a "GB" sticker.[/HI]

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
no, you have GB plates so either the number plate must have the euro star circle with GB in blue or a separate GB sticker which are now yellow GB on black.

also.. from the AA

"In some countries outside the EU a GB 'sticker' is required even if you have euro-plates, so it is always safer to display one."

Switzerland is an example where you must have a GB sticker

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
double post.. oops

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
As far as I'm aware if you have the euro plates with Sco on them then they are legal same goes for Wales.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Annnnnd, if you have a bike rack marker board, it's supposed to have its own GB sticker.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
It bugs me that "we" have to display these stickers, but how many Polish/ romanian/lithuanian etc cars do you see everyday without any such stickers on apart from the little ones on the reg plate?Plenty here in sunny Scunny! Is it only us that obeys these stupid rules?
Cheers, Dave:Angry:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
It bugs me that "we" have to display these stickers, but how many Polish/ romanian/lithuanian etc cars do you see everyday without any such stickers on[HI] apart from the little ones on the reg plate[/HI]?Plenty here in sunny Scunny! Is it only us that obeys these stupid rules?
Cheers, Dave:Angry:

thats all they need; :thumb: as is the case for GB ; but not Wales , England or Scotland they must have a GB sticker or GB blue number plate patch

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Annnnnd, if you have a bike rack marker board, it's supposed to have its own GB sticker.

Didn't know that. I assume you mean the red & white striped plate. I have one on my back box.
I will get a GB sticker forthwith, in fact I will need 3 if the colour has changed (I have one on the front of the MH too)

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
I have heard there have been so so many many prosecutions for having the wrong licence plate in the EU. It's apparently one of the major crimes within the EU.

In fact almost as many prosecutions as there have been confirmed motorhome gassing incidents....
:RollEyes::RollEyes:

oh and don't forget your

Beam Deflectors,
Hi Vis vests,
Spare Bulbs, that some cannot even change unless you visit a garage,
Warning triangles,
Switch off the speed camera alerts in your sat nav,
Alco test kits,
Stripey boards on the bike rack,

etc,, etc,,,,

Don't you love Europe.........:Doh:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
No, not legal, but absolutely nothing to stop you displaying a Saltire sticker somewhere else, as well as the GB on the no plate !

Ken
, :thumb: :drink::drink:

We had a saltire sticker on the Elddis when we traded it in down south last summer. We're convinced that's why we got such a good "trade-in" price on it:roflmto:
I wonder how quickly it was pulled off when it was bought shortly after this:cry:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I have heard there have been so so many many prosecutions for having the wrong licence plate in the EU. It's apparently one of the major crimes within the EU.

In fact almost as many prosecutions as there have been confirmed motorhome gassing incidents....
:RollEyes::RollEyes:

oh and don't forget your

Beam Deflectors,
Hi Vis vests,
Spare Bulbs, that some cannot even change unless you visit a garage,
Warning triangles,
Switch off the speed camera alerts in your sat nav,
Alco test kits,
Stripey boards on the bike rack,

etc,, etc,,,,

Don't you love Europe.........:Doh:

Right. And I suppose that the Poles give a monkeys about that lot!!........NOT.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back