Free Member
Nov 6, 2013
Welwyn Garden City
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ok we have a BBq point what would people recommend for this?
I do like the idea of having a BBQ at the side of the van in the summer.
We have garage space and most likely cook for no more than 6.
Thanks
Jim

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Cadac Carri Chef. Have cooked roast dinners for up to 8 people with this. Pizzas, steaks, curries, slow cook, fast cook, full English,paella. Spatchcock chicken, leg of lamb, gammon. Even chips!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
Cadac Carri Chef. Have cooked roast dinners for up to 8 people with this. Pizzas, steaks, curries, slow cook, fast cook, full English,paella. Spatchcock chicken, leg of lamb, gammon. Even chips!

Pray tell roast dinner?? Sounds good I have the same BBQ, is there a recipe/ users guide. Which bits do you use for roast?
Cheers

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Cadac Carri Chef. Have cooked roast dinners for up to 8 people with this. Pizzas, steaks, curries, slow cook, fast cook, full English,paella. Spatchcock chicken, leg of lamb, gammon. [HI]Even chips[/HI]!

bit on the dry side though... :roflmto:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Pray tell roast dinner?? Sounds good I have the same BBQ, is there a recipe/ users guide. Which bits do you use for roast?
Cheers

No recipes just me experimenting.

Leg of lamb - butterfly and remove bone (or get butcher to do it) marinade it in whatever, I used red wine, cloves a couple of dollops of balsamic vinegar, a glug of olive oil. Give it a good massage, cut slits in the thickest parts of the joint to help it cook evenly, slap on a hot flat side of griddle, flip it over after a few minutes then turn the heat right down, add raw potatoes, carrots, parsnips around edge, cover loosely (the meat only, not the veg) with tin foil, put the cadac lid on and leave it alone for about 1.5 hours.

Have a glass or wine or two with friends.

When ready remove meat to rest, remove veg into a pre warmed dish and cover to keep warm. Mean while make your gravy on the BBQ using the meat juices, which will be very caramelised, you can add a bit of the left over marinade with a bit of water and cornflour.

Spatchcock chicken - again do it yourself or get butcher to do it. Cook bone side down on flat side of griddle then follow much the same as for the lamb, not forgetting to cover the meat only in tin foil, stops it all drying out.

Pizzas - must go on a cold flat griddle, put a loose bit of tin foil over pizza and lid turn up to full heat. 10 minutes should do it. If you put the pizza on a hot griddle the base burns before the topping is done.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
OK, this is going to upset the Cadac Groupies, but here goes.

Try a Broken Link Removed. I have the Q200, which has been replaced by their Q2200. However the Q1000 or Q1200 are probably big enough. They give an authentic BBQ taste whereas the Cadac seems to me to be just an outdoor skillet.

Since buying my one I have adopted the American way of BBQing - seal it with high heat and then low and slow with the lid on. The results are very good, Juicy meats with all the taste but none of the burnt offerings.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
I've got a foot in each camp..cadac for van, weber for home:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.