Pixie

Free Member
Jul 23, 2008
Maidstone, Kent
Funster No
MH
Ace
Exp
Can anyone tell me whether you can park a motorhome overnight on Marine Drive Dover. I am catching the 5 am ferry and would like somewhere close to the ferry port to park for a few hours.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Pixie

You will find quite a few motorhomes parked on Marine Parade overnight, you will not be alone. There are time restrictions if you arrive too early you might have to get a ticket, I think parking is free between 6pm and 8am but make sure.

And a big welcome to MHFun, perhaps you will tell us about your trip when you return.

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
We parked on the marine partade no problem but we arrived at 5.40 and a crabbit Warden homed in on us and we had to buy a ticket by then it was only 10 mins to go .However anything to keep the peace lol No other problems though and nice and handy for the ferry .

Val

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mark breen

Free Member
Oct 27, 2007
Funster No
Can anyone tell me whether you can park a motorhome overnight on Marine Drive Dover. I am catching the 5 am ferry and would like somewhere close to the ferry port to park for a few hours.

Just go to the port and get on the next sailing they may charge you £5.00 but you can sleep in the que if they are not sailing.
They are very flexible once you have payed and even keener to get a little more.
Have a great time!
Regards "THE BREENS"
:thumb:

J

jenmaha

Deleted User
parking in dover

Can anyone tell me whether you can park a motorhome overnight on Marine Drive Dover. I am catching the 5 am ferry and would like so mewhere close to the ferry port to park for a few hours.

we always park in the carpark at the back of the garage near the traffic lights with no trouble. There was a few campers in there most times we have stayed in it.The prices are on the board I think it costs about £2.00 for 24 hours (this was last year) we stayed on it in march this year you do get some night workers and also cars that use it as a short cut but it is fairly quiet.

Brenintot

Free Member
Jul 24, 2008
Cwmbran, South Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1980
Parking at Marine Parade Overnight for Ferry

We parked at Marine Parade late July last year, arrived at 7pm & left next morning for ferry at 8am, The local police patrolled throughout the night. I checked with them 1st if it was OK to park. There were about 5 other vans parked up by 11pm for the night. Its not the quietest spot as it is roadside parking, but it was free & served its purpose.

This year we have booked the 22.20h Eurotunnel & will try the camping aires at Calais next the Municipal campsite at the harbour entrance.

Regards
Brenintot
Chris Tottle - Photography: Welcome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Blimey!!

Hope you didn't mean 5am today?!! If so, then i don't think you will have much time left for a kip!

As others have pointed out....Marine Drive right on the sea front couple of minutes drive from the port. Can't miss it. Always a few mh's parked up

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back