Stoneleigh Festival 23-25th August (1 Viewer)

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
For those who ever visited the Stoneleigh Town and Country Show you'll be pleased to hear it's been resurrected:thumb: and takes place over bank holiday weekend. It really is a fantastic event, and you'll need all weekend to see and experience it all. There's a lot more information on their website.

The normal price for camping is £60 which includes all weekend admission for 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults. I've spoken to the organisers and they've offered us a special deal of a 10% discount if 5 or more attend.

In the past I've taken part in some rallies to coincide with the show and the rally field is (or at least was) directly opposite the main entrance although on their website it says campers can stay on site during the show:thumb::thumb: Entry to the 3 show days is included and there will be some entertainment in the evening and fun fair will be open!

Anyone interested?

Regards
Doug

OP
OP
Thepips

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Sorry to bump but I know there were a few people interested before the database was deleted.
Since my last posting I've been told that the camping is on hard standing inside the showground. Water is laid on to the camping area and there are also toilet and shower blocks.
We'd get a discount if we put a block booking in within the next couple of weeks.
Honestly, it really is a terrific family weekend.

Regards
Doug

P

Patrick49

Deleted User
Sorry to bump but I know there were a few people interested before the database was deleted.
Since my last posting I've been told that the camping is on hard standing inside the showground. Water is laid on to the camping area and there are also toilet and shower blocks.
We'd get a discount if we put a block booking in within the next couple of weeks.
Honestly, it really is a terrific family weekend.

Regards
Doug

We might be interested if we can get a hardstanding with electric hook up as wife is disabled and needs oxygen and electricity for charging up her buggy

Thanks

OP
OP
Thepips

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
There wasn't a hookup where we were but I'd suggest giving the organisers a call on 01775 768661. They may well have special provisions for disabled campers.

Regards
Doug

OP
OP
Thepips

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Bump
We only need 5 attendees to get 10% discount. Anyone else thinking of going?

Regards
Doug

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
sounds like this would be fun but we are unable to come because tony is working:Sad: hope you all enjoy ourselves and the sun shines!!!
ruth

OP
OP
Thepips

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Time's running out for booking so I'm going to call tomorrow and see if I can reserve a few pitches together.
Hope that's ok with your Di and Dave?
Any late takers?

Regards
Doug 'n Bar

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Just cleared it with the boss Doug......count us in too ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Thepips

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Just cleared it with the boss Doug......count us in too ::bigsmile:

That's terrific!::bigsmile: I'm going to ring the organisers tomorrow to book the pitches. I'll post an update tomorrow.

Regards
Doug

OP
OP
Thepips

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Are you SURE you can't make it?
Four nights camping, entrance to the show for 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults, evening entertainment AND a funfair all for £54. One more booking saves the rest of us £6 each:ROFLMAO:
I've spoken to the organisers today and I'm going to have to make a firm commitment very shortly.

Attendees
The Pips
Dised
Lindy-C
Kands

Regards
Doug

OP
OP
Thepips

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi Di and Pete,
It's great that you can make it. I'll get back onto the organisers tomorrow afternoon and get it all sorted.

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Regards
Doug

dised

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
Market Harborough
Funster No
Exp
one year
Are you SURE you can't make it?
Four nights camping, entrance to the show for 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults, evening entertainment AND a funfair all for £54. One more booking saves the rest of us £6 each:ROFLMAO:
I've spoken to the organisers today and I'm going to have to make a firm commitment very shortly.

Attendees
The Pips
Dised
Lindy-C
Kands

Regards
Doug

We can confirm we will be going

looking forward to it.
DD

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Any hook ups Doug or do I pack our nice quiet genny? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Looking forward to this one as it is nice and local and we can be there in under an hour :thumb:

OP
OP
Thepips

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
I've checked and unfortunately there's no electric hookup. I'll have my nice big generator as well so between us we could power the funfair!

Regards
Doug

OP
OP
Thepips

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Please accept my apologies for a tardy response. We've had a major systems failure losing 12 of our servers and 60 of our desktops.

Is it always this difficult making bookings? I've spoken to Live Promotions and confirmed the booking. I'll now be sending them payment for the 5 pitches. Could I ask the attendees to PM their names and addresses to me?

Many thanks

Doug

OP
OP
Thepips

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Ok, the bookings made and the tickets should be winging their way to everyone. If it's ok we'll settle up when we meet there.
It's my intention to be on site by late morning on the Friday. I'll PM everyone with my mobile number so we can try and ensure we're all together.

Regards
Doug

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Tickets arrived on Saturday morning Doug.

I doubt we will be there until Friday evening due to work commitments. Look forward to seeing you then. :Smile:

OP
OP
Thepips

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Ours arrived this morning so we're all set. Look forward to seeing you Friday.

Regards
Doug

Jul 27, 2007
West Yorks occasionally
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr 560L
Exp
Since 2007
Received ours too - thanks Doug :thumb:

Will be arriving some time on the Friday.

Cheers

Di

dised

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
Market Harborough
Funster No
Exp
one year
Thanks to All at Stoneleigh

We had a great weekend. Our thanks to all who welcomed us newbies.
Thanks to Doug & Bar in particular for arranging and paying up front.
I spoke to some RV owners who were not impressed with their group. So they will be looking up MHFun!

hope to see you all again
Dave and Di

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back