LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Our new 2014 Brit Stops book arrived today. Looks good, and is a lot thicker than last years, so more pubs/farm shops/hotels etc to stopover at.

I know it's not for everyone, but it suits us really well, knowing that we are allowed to stopover at a pub without having to go in and ask and risk a rebuttal!

Looking forward to more nettle eating at the Bottle, cricket matches before we catch the tunnel at the Flying Horse, Scampi and Chips at Nent Hall Hotel, Open mic night at The Grampus Inn, Bacon, pies, and ham at the Town End Farm, plus all the new ones we haven't even discovered yet! :Smile:

Stevewin999

Free Member
Feb 9, 2014
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Mirada RV
Exp
Brit stops

Hi I am a new member can you tell me where we can get a copy of this book.
Full title etc.
Thanks
Steve:Smile:

Oct 31, 2012
here there and everywhere
Funster No
MH
Pilote P650
Exp
Since December 2012
Brit Stops 2014

My Brit Stops Book arrived today, too. Brill. Seems a lot thicker than last years. I think there are 150 new additions to the book this year. Can't wait to use it. Just wish the weather would clear up. BillyS:Smile:

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Ours also arrived this morning:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DesRes

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1990 ish...
What a smashing scheme, just signed up and sent off for the book.::bigsmile:

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Just ordered my copy but not sure many in Scotland but will see when it arrives

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013

Steve mentions in the book that he wants more places in Scotland. Here's your chance to get next years book for free! :Smile:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Can anyone tell me .. Does this book let you know if the stop (pub) allows dogs on the bar?

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Can anyone tell me .. Does this book let you know if the stop (pub) allows dogs on the bar?

Every entry has an icon that tells you if dogs are allowed or not, so no problem there. :Smile:

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009

Hi,

Just to clarify, we ask the hosts to say yes to dogs if they will allow them on site. Some of them though, may not allow dogs in the bar itself. The thinking being that you can still have an overnight stopover, and if you are happy for your dog(s) to stay in the van for a short while you can obviously use the pub/restaurant, etc. You'd probably be ok taking a drink out to the van if you asked nicely, and a few of our places actually do take-aways!

I also know quite a few do allow dogs in their bar. Sorry I can't be any more specific, if it was important that your dog(s) were allowed in the bar it would probably be wise to call ahead to check.

I can tell you that 335 out of 377 are happy to welcome dogs on site.:thumb:

Steve :Smile:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
The frozen North !!

There's even one on the Isle of Lewis !!!! You park on a bridge that used to be the road to Butt of Ness. New road now built.

Hotel/pub 200 yards away and a shop close by ! Going again later in the spring !:Cool:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
My BritStops book arrived today. Much bigger than the last one I saw. Quick look leaves me thinking that its very well put together with loads of new stops. I'll have a good look through it and review it later:thumb:

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
My BritStops book arrived today. Much bigger than the last one I saw. Quick look leaves me thinking that its very well put together with loads of new stops. I'll have a good look through it and review it later:thumb:

Agree with that Jim. As someone who has published a few guidebooks, I think Steve's Britstops scheme is excellent and the guide is always professionally produced. The new edition has been improved again, and is bigger and better than ever in my opinion. There is now a great choice of different locations and types of overnight stop included.

Hope the scheme continues to go from strength to strength. Clearly a lot of hard work, energy and vision, which is evident to all who join. Well done Steve :thumb:

Mike

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We have our 2014 Britstops book too, looks like many more stops listed than last year plus the maps are clearer.

Steve sends out emails occasionally with additional stop overs as more farm shops, pubs, vineyards etc join the scheme so it gets better and better.

Paul

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Agree with that Jim. As someone who has published a few guidebooks, I think Steve's Britstops scheme is excellent and the guide is always professionally produced. The new edition has been improved again, and is bigger and better than ever in my opinion. There is now a great choice of different locations and types of overnight stop included.

[HI]Hope the scheme continues to go from strength to strength. [/HI]Clearly a lot of hard work, energy and vision, which is evident to all who join. Well done Steve :thumb:

Mike

I think it will, lots more tourers, and fewer regular campsite pitches mean that a scheme like this should prosper. That they don't up the price every year is good too, better value each year.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I bought my Britstops book from the NEC on Tuesday, very impressed with it, didn`t realise so many stopovers had EHU and waste emptying, some lovely places too, can`t wait to try them out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back