LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Ok me being me must fouter with things new to me, so on seeing a button under a seat I pressed it several times to see if anything happened.

I now know it is the battery charging system. Problem is there doesn't really seem to be much of a difference feeling if its pressed in or not so I don't know if I'm charging anything or not. Is there an easy way to tell? Ive had it on elec hookup about 24 hrs and the engine battery is only showing amber not green, the leisure battery is just on one dot green. How long should it take to fully charge on electric hook up.

Was due to go wild camping for the weekend but just called it off due to heavy snow and uncertainty of battery charging or not.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I have no idea if its on. How can I tell? there are no lights.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012

If you haves multimeter put it on the leisure battery, if it's receiving a charge then the voltage will be above 13v, if it's not receiving a charge then it will be around 12.7v if fully charged, or below if partial charged.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

i assume you mean no lights on the charger.....
if you dont have a multimeter then unplug from hook up and turn on interior lights.
Have someone watch one of the lights carefully as you plug back into hookup.

If the light get slightly brighter the charger is on and working.
If the light stay the same the charger may be turned off or not working.

Multi meter is the most reliable method and is very very simple and safe to use.
Well worth the few quid they cost even if you dont know how to use it....you soon pick up the basics from the user manual and it can save you a fortune in dealer/repair costs.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back