Sigma S30 security system and flat battery (1 Viewer)

dave2222001

Free Member
Jun 29, 2013
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Ime a Newbie
I have a N+B Arto currently in storage South of Europe. They start the engine every couple of weeks but now tell me battery is flat (happened before in storage somewhere else) as it may be a couple of months before I retrieve it what effect is this likely to have on the Sigma 30 system I have installed will the immobiliser lock us from starting the engine once the battery is charged or should it be OK

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
When your battery is charged engine should start as normal, however if you do have a problem simply enter your code on sigma key pad and that will disarm the immobiliser.

Hope that works for you Eric,:Smile:

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I'd be more concerned about why someone is starting the engine every two weeks.:whatthe:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I have a N+B Arto currently in storage South of Europe. They start the engine every couple of weeks but now tell me battery is flat (happened before in storage somewhere else) as it may be a couple of months before I retrieve it what effect is this likely to have on the Sigma 30 system I have installed will the immobiliser lock us from starting the engine once the battery is charged or should it be OK
leave the battery flat and youre sure to seriously damage if not kill it. firing the engine up regularly without taking it for a good drive and the battery will discharge quickly.

OP
OP
D

dave2222001

Free Member
Jun 29, 2013
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Ime a Newbie
Its in storage that's what the guy there does. Gives them a run every couple of weeks.

So I gess no real problems.

Thanks one and all now would my Comfort insurance breakdown cover come out and get it started for me do you think.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Its in storage that's what the guy there does. Gives them a run every couple of weeks.

Thanks one and all now would my Comfort insurance breakdown cover come out and get it started for me do you think.

I very much doubt it, but no harm in asking
good luck with it :Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
dont know about the sigma but i wouldnt even bother recharging the battery.

You may get enough charge in it to start the engine but its very doubtful it will hold a charge.

Lead acid batteries wont tolerate being flat for long and a couple of months will probably kill it completely

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012

That will really knacker your battery. Lots of draw to start and hardly any put back in for the 5 minutes he keeps it running. You seriously need a solar panel on the roof. Even a tiny cheap one will keep your engine battery topped up, or you can put a full size one in and use it for habitation power as well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back