TonyP

Free Member
Apr 28, 2008
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have recently picked up our new Bessacarr E425 and had asked for an awning to be fitted on first time out to try it out found if the awning was out it was impossible to open/close the habitation door as the arm fouled the door, we believe the awning is set too low. The dealer said that was the second report that they have had of this problem, has anyone else come across this.
Tony & Sue:cry:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
We have recently picked up our new Bessacarr E425 and had asked for an awning to be fitted on first time out to try it out found if the awning was out it was impossible to open/close the habitation door as the arm fouled the door, we believe the awning is set too low. The dealer said that was the second report that they have had of this problem, has anyone else come across this.

Hi Tony,

There is a Swift (same stable) with a similiar problem, Sundance 590 series and unfortunately there is no satisfactory solution.

Peter

Last edited:

adventure

Free Member
Oct 16, 2007
somerset
Funster No
Exp
25 years
Hi Tony

It's not an uncommon problem as Peter says

The problem is caused by the door being so high so the awning angles down quite sharply and with vehicles where the door is at the front or rear it will foul on the arm.

A cure would be to move the awning as far back as the brackets will allow, it is likely you have the 3.5 m awning on this model you can slide the arm along more to the edge so when extended it should just miss the door, I did this on all of my 590 hire vans with no problem.

To move the arm losen the bolts securing the arm in the main box and slide the arm towards the outer edge, retighten the bolts, on the front box losen the bolt securing the arm and slide along about the same distance, the wind the awning fully in, unwind about 1" the carefully tighten the bolt, this allows the arm to be set at the correct distance and he presto problem solved.

You do not nedd to do both arms, it is advisable to mark the position of the arms before you start just in case you get into trouble

Regards

Nick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ash

Trader - Service & Repairs
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2007
Chapel st Leonard's. Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
hello

We had a E425 there is to sizes,you need to have the one for the Coachman to suit the height, The supplier sould have told you this....:Doh:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Tony

Swift Group have a representative who is a member here
Link Removed
Perhaps it might be worth contacting them direct for their input :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Tony

Swift Group have a representative who is a member here
Link Removed
Perhaps it might be worth contacting them direct for their input :winky:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Everyone

Just wanted to let you know that I am off on holiday tonight for 3 weeks. Yippee!

Lynsey will be monitoring the forum for the first 2 weeks and Amy the 3rd week.

It is our annual shutdown, however we do have a Customer Service Team in to deal with queries as normal.

Our telephone number is 01482 875840, if you have to leave a message we do endeavour to return all calls by close of business the same day.

Our email address is enquiries@swiftleisure.co.uk - please allow 3 - 5 days as it may take a little longer than usual.

Best Wishes

Kath

p.s I am off on a motorbike(pillion) to Italy and calling off at a few other places - very giddy today

MickL

Free Member
Apr 27, 2009
Funster No
E425

I am gobsmacked, Last month we collected our REPAIRED! E425 back from the Factory, and the above was one of our gripes. Lets get this correct, as it is, our Sun Screen/Awning Shade call it what you like, is about as good as a Chocolate Fire Gaurd.
Swifts answer to the problem, a bent piece of metal to push up the centre of the screen so that water does not puddle in the center.:ROFLMAO:
So you posted this in 2008, I bought mine in 2009, and they still carried on selling these products like this, Is there anyone at Swift who tries and tests there products.:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back