Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I've been using them on my cars for a few years now and put them on the MH a few weeks ago, never had a problem. If you have a large Asda near, they also have them now, sold in singles at £3 each (all sizes)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
I've had them for a while now and the only problem I had was once in heavy snow - they sort of bent from the centre, to both sides of the blade, not too sure if its that the snow had nowhere to go but they ended up buckled.
However, they give a better 'clear' than the framed ones for sure and I prefer them to standard.
A lot of new cars have them as standard now.:thumb:

Trikeman. :winky:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We've been using similar ones on both cars and vans for a few years and found that they work well.

I bought the first pair at a show and I've bought from Lidl since. One advantage of the Lidl set for a Ducato over conventional sets is that they are different sizes as the passenger side takes a slightly shorter blade (can't recall the measurements offhand).

I didn't know Asda sold them though so thanks Paul.

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Yes , bought them for a ducato. Have found they clean better than the framed type.Certainly on our vehicle there are no streaks of water left in the sweep, result being clear screen.Think we"ll stay with them rather than reverting to the framed ones . Only down side I remember when sourcing them , was they were a bit dearer than the hook type fitting , due to fiat deciding on a slide on clip type design .

Dec 5, 2013
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Left hand drive

It might sound daft but is there a difference in wiper blades are they different sweep sided blades for left & right hand drive vehicles?

I have a lhd Hymer & before I part with my hard earned I thought I would ask.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
It might sound daft but is there a difference in wiper blades are they different sweep sided blades for left & right hand drive vehicles?

I have a lhd Hymer & before I part with my hard earned I thought I would ask.

No special blade reqd for LHD all blades clear in both directions

Spenders

Free Member
Jan 19, 2013
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2013
No special blade reqd for LHD all blades clear in both directions

You would have thought so... I certainly did.... but some of the contributors to this thread from last year have had different experiences!

Broken Link Removed

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Just bought a pair for the Polo .. they look good, wipe well.. and are a lot cheaper than 'normal' blades ..
At around £5 - £6 a pair, delivered next day , I thought them worth a punt.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1311.R1.TR6.TRC0.A0.H0.Xaero+wiper+blades&_nkw=aero+wiper+blades&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Anyone else tried them ?

Yeah I've got a set on the Hymer wipe really well and were cheap enough but I've got an annoying click as one reaches the end of the sweep. Taken them off several times but cant find what's causing it but it drives me mad. :cry::cry:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
on the latest ducato the wipers are different lengths, 26" and 21" if i recall. when fitted to LHD vehicles the position is reversed but same lengths. this is so that the drivers view is not impaired by an unswept part near the pillar. but its the same wipers as RHD

Last edited:

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
When I bought mine of ebay stated "for merc sprinter" and they sent me 2 different lengths which is correct.

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
[HI]Yeah I've got a set on the Hymer wipe really well and were cheap enough but I've got an annoying click as one reaches the end of the sweep. Taken them off several times but cant find what's causing it but it drives me[/HI]

Forestboy had similar experience on my Hymer, blade is hitting windscreen seal, it seems that original blade is a shorter one drivers side, LH drive. i removed cap using stanley knife to trim end, still did not sort out the problem effectively though but better than the clonk clonk i was getting.
found the answer was to slow down and turn radio up.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I have them and a scratched windscreen. The hard plastic touches down on the offside curve and has scratched the (new !) glass.

163phil

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Kenilworth
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Still only a year after many years camping
I have them on the motorhome and have no problems with them. In fact I can see out when it's raining now.::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back