LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
what is the best bike cover? i bought a cheep one for £7 but it is to big put bungee's on but think it will blow up like a balloon when on the move.how are they to fit with no hole for the fammia arm to go through?....over to you kind pepole

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Its all here >> :thumb:
there are other types available I believe
Broken Link Removed
£28.99 £23.00 Fiamma Bike Cover S 2 to 3 bikes

Broken Link Removed
£52.99 £40.00 Fiamma Bike Cover Premium S
Broken Link Removed
£7.59 £6.00 Fiamma Rear Warning Sign
IcoRating5.gif

Broken Link Removed
£37.99 £28.00 Fiamma Rear Warning Sign Aluminium

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Interested in this myself, as had a bike rack fitted to our motorhome today.

Question: Why two prices quoted against each item ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim and Lorraine

Free Member
Nov 10, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
what is the best bike cover? i bought a cheep one for £7 but it is to big put bungee's on but think it will blow up like a balloon when on the move.how are they to fit with no hole for the fammia arm to go through?....over to you kind pepole

I messed around with plastic and tarpaulins etc, Untill last year I purchased fiamma cover, it's perfect, very neat and good quality. We can fit it in minutes. Also has a pocket for a marker board if required,

Jim

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
I messed around with plastic and tarpaulins etc, Untill last year I purchased fiamma cover, it's perfect, very neat and good quality. We can fit it in minutes. Also has a pocket for a marker board if required,

Jim
Is that the "Fiamma Bike Cover S 2/3 Bikes" you have ?

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Tried to order one from Taylor made what a carry on would not deliver to north of Scotland for less than £20 so said deliver to daughter in Coventry foc they said
Then wanted height and width of both bikes and as other half's is a special with extended riser for handle bars due to bad back then said couldn't do it

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I bought the two slit Taylormade recently, dearer than Fiamma but completely covers the bikes back and front. I would never buy another Fiamma they perish too quickly and too thin.

Jim and Lorraine

Free Member
Nov 10, 2012
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Is that the "Fiamma Bike Cover S 2/3 Bikes" you have ?

Hi Gizmouk,

Yeah S2/3, we have 2 city bikes with baskets,
we mount them nose to tail and the cover goes over all and fastens top and bottom using in built bungee cords, as I said my Mrs and I can have it all happed up in minutes

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Interested in this myself, as had a bike rack fitted to our motorhome today.

Question: Why two prices quoted against each item ?

Higher price crossed out is RRP lower price is ours, less of course Funsters discount still to come off at checkout:thumb:

Peter

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Had a few posh ones...useless..As advised on here last year i bought an ARGOS BBQ cover and cut two slots up the back and some eyelets around the bottom edge...Best cover ever...£20,,,sometimes on offer at a tenner..BUSBY::bigsmile:

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp

I researched this issue some time ago looking at posters views on this very subject, my conclusion was the Fiamma product was ok only if your bike rack was mounted as low as possible therefore not requiring the need of some sort of additional equipment to stand on to facilitate easy covering of the bikes I also believe this was the main reason as to why this product's reputation of seams coming apart and material tears occurred
'Tailor Made' product's use's a different material to the Fiamma and has in my opinion a better tensile strength material similar to large motorcycle waterproof covers. I designed my bike cover particularly for my wife's high rise handle bars and 'Bags4 you' made it, not cheap but I expect to be using it till I give up MH...:Smile:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
IMHO the Fiamma ones are not good value for money. had both the standard and the premium one and both were not good. in fact the standard was easier to use than the premium. if the bike rack is at anything above bumper hieght the its almost impossible to zip up the premium cover, even tried fitting it upside down to make it easier:cry::Doh:

Costa Warrior

Free Member
Apr 15, 2012
Estepona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2012
I bought the two slit Taylormade recently, dearer than Fiamma but completely covers the bikes back and front. I would never buy another Fiamma they perish too quickly and too thin.

Hi,
Without a pocket on the cover, do you have a problem fitting the warning sign?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Even with the old Fiamma I had to tie the signal board on for Spain or Italy
Not required in France afaik
The Taylor made cover is a balls up on my part as it won't fit the Fiamma 77 rack due to the winding mechanism
I'm currently using an old mountain bike with a carrier bag on the saddle
Works for me :roflmto:

Apr 25, 2012
Near Truro, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp

Totally agree. We have bought two Fiamma covers and each one tore (resulting I think from degrading of the fabric) within a year or so. Poor value for money. Now we just put the bikes on the rack, attach the obligatory warning square, remove the saddles and off we go. Won't buy any more bike covers!::bigsmile:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Another vote for the taylormade covers, we had 2 fiamma ones in the past both degraded in the weather, the taylormade is much more durable.
We just tie our warning board on the back as and when we need it.
Would like a pocket for it to go into but have to deal with it.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi :Smile:, well you have seen ours and know the hammer it has taken over the last 9 years, Greece/Italy/Switzerlsnd/Morrocco twice, faded yes a bit mucky yes, but still as effective and strong as the day we bought it, yes another vote fore Tailor made, and we bought ours off the peg so to speak at one of the shows.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back