Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Hi, clearing the mother in laws place as she has had to go in a home and she has some bits and pieces of which is a Thomas Bavaria cups and saucers does any body know if they are worth anything. She was given them before the 2nd world war. Just did not want to get mugged if worth something cheers

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Have a look on e bay there seems to some Thomas Bavaria sets for sale and check if you have the same pattern. Will be worth more if a complete set and undamaged. Best of luck:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
As stated ebay is your friend. If you have a few odd pieces people pay good money to replace broken items from sets. I once sold piece by piece a Paragon Tree of Kashmir full china dinner service this way. No one wanted the complete service as it was too big, but I had no trouble selling it a piece at a time to those extending there own service or replacing broken items.

OP
OP
Ivory55

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Thanks ,was not looking to get rich but wanted the best for her. I know dealers have a living to make but wanted a head start on them. When we pop our clogs there will not be anything like this in our loft , it's been interesting the stuff they saved yet never used.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thanks ,was not looking to get rich but wanted the best for her. I know dealers have a living to make but wanted a head start on them. When we pop our clogs there will not be anything like this in our loft , it's been interesting the stuff they saved yet never used.

Living close to the Potteries I collected porcelain and china for years. Just before I retired I was broken into and many Doulton figures were stolen. It was at that point I decided to sell the lot. Never regretted it as it was all a pain to keep clean. My children never wanted it as they grew up having to dust it and wipe it down. I collect bigger toys now :Doh:.

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
As stated ebay is your friend. If you have a few odd pieces people pay good money to replace broken items from sets. I once sold piece by piece a Paragon Tree of Kashmir full china dinner service this way. No one wanted the complete service as it was too big, but I had no trouble selling it a piece at a time to those extending there own service or replacing broken items.

A few yrs ago I bought 'most' of an art deco dinner and tea service at auction for about £60. It was when people were buying dressers for kitchens and decorating them with bright coloured stuff. I sold it all piece by piece for over £400 :thumb:

Mike

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back