Oct 2, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
Since 2008
Hi there,
Does anyone know of a glue/ adhesive that wil stick two halves of a plastic petrol tank together. On my garden rotavator.
Bill

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Repaired a metal tank years ago with a sharpened match stick to stop the flow and then sealed round it with well chewed chewing gum. It lasted years. BUSBY:Smile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Araldite or any two pack type, glass fibre ribbon but all the surfaces must be very clean

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Hi there,
Does anyone know of a glue/ adhesive that wil stick two halves of a plastic petrol tank together. On my garden rotavator.
Bill

Just trying to work out how your petrol tank came to be in two halves!! ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
B

bill harris

Free Member
Oct 2, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
Since 2008
The reason the tank in two halves this the way it was made and it was badly leaking when I got it and the joint came apart so now in two pieces.
Bill

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Rinse it out for 24 hrs, then get a big electric soldering iron and "weld" it together.. Then pressure test it to 5 PSI and if any leaks, get a 2 pack adhesive such as araldite and go over the join... OR !! Get a 5 litre plastic spare fuel can and mount as appropriate... Good luck, but be careful !! :thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the glue will cost nearly as much as buying a second hand replacement. if you must try a repair, 2 part araldite is the best with petrol or try heat welding with a hot air gun and plastic welding rod, the same as used to repair plastic bumpers etc but prove its water tight before use

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back