Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
We are thinking of attending this event this year. Do any of you have experience of the camping facilities provided and any tips to make the weekend more enjoyable? :Smile:

Tinca

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Can't help with any advice but we have tickets & are taking the van :Smile:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I think Dave Newell goes shoot him a pm

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Yes we have been for the last five years, camping fields are good and the ones out by the motor racing circuit get buses laid on to take you to the festival itself. Downside is if you haven't already booked you may well find its fully booked up now, camping slots go quickly. Its also a bit expensive for camping compared to other events but then it is Goodwood, we always found it to be acceptable for a very special event.

D.

Aug 19, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Concord
Exp
Since 2009
Dont bother. Pitches very small, shower washing facilities poor - last year ran out of water and half of the showers & toilets were closed off. Very expensive. And if its wet (as it was at the Revival) forget trying to exit the field.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Goodwood

Wfe have not been to Goodwood but it is on the list of things to do but we have been to Silverstone Classic in july a fantastic weekend camping was £80 ea for four nights and about £90 for your entry which I think was good value for a weekend full of entertainment.:Smile:

OP
OP
Tincataylor

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just checked out the prices and they want £220.00 just for the pitch and a further £268 for festival entry which is a bit over the top in my opinion. Has anyone located a campsite nearby to ease the cost a bit?

Tinca

OP
OP
Tincataylor

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
No, its for the two of us but I still think its a bit steep for the pitch.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Goodwood

So at £134 each for entry and £110 each for camping, yes I can see your point a CL round the corner would be nice best of luck with your search, as I said Silverstone Classic could be a good second :thumb:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
No, its for the two of us but I still think its a bit steep for the pitch.

I did say its expensive! But then where else could you EVER see cars and bikes from just about every decade of the last one and a quarter centuries being driven, often indecently fast and often by significant names from motorsport history? Plus you get four whole days of petrolhead heaven with pretty much every branch of motorsport covered. If you do go take a healthy credit card, you just can't beat drinking Veuve Cliquot on the lawn in front of the house, or take a passenger ride around the forest rally stage (don't eat before hand:Eeek:) (£80 when I did it a couple of years ago but you do get a base level MSA licence into the bargain(£45 worth)), a passenger ride in a Bowler Landy will set you back about £20-£25 for about two minutes of excitement. Goodwood FoS is not an event where you can justify the cost, if motorsport is your "thang" then it is worth every penny and drop of sweat you shed to earn it. JUST DO IT!::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

D.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Verve Cliquot on the lawn?

Not very petrol head is it, more dick head::bigsmile:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Tread carefully Dave !!!

Remember old sport that you can be banned for commenting on spelling !!:Doh: Let's hope this one got by without Jim seeing it !!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Remember old sport that you can be banned for commenting on spelling !!:Doh: Let's hope this one got by without Jim seeing it !!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Can you not also get banned for bering rude and offensive though Steve? I take exception to being called rude and offensive names by someone who doesn't even know me.:winky:

D.

kex66

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I want to take my old Flxible Clipper bus if it lands from the USA in time. I was informed on the phone that if the motorhome is over 9m in length then 2 x pitches will need to be purchased (OK, doesn't affect a lot on here but I'm sure there are one or two with vans over 9m). They said that the marshalls will be clamping down on oversized vehicles this year to try and ease overcrowding - I did say that if they didn't take money off so many people, perhaps that would help as well::bigsmile:

We really enjoyed "Padgeant of Power" last year at Cholmondeley Castle, absolute non stop action for the whole weekend (weather was great as well which helps a lot)

http://www.cpop.co.uk/

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
That's you off the Christmas Card list, Dick Head indeed! And for your information its VeUve Cliquot not VeRve Cliquot, Dickhead!

D.

Apologies. I didn't mean it to be offensive.

It came out wrong.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:roflmto:
Verve Cliquot on the lawn?

Not very petrol head is it, more dick head::bigsmile:

One hot FoS, Me and Sian Spent all day and £500 on the lawn under a Moët umbrella. Can't remember seeing a car or a bike that year, I remember having a lot of laughs and I remember the shock when I got the bill. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Tincataylor

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I did say its expensive! But then where else could you EVER see cars and bikes from just about every decade of the last one and a quarter centuries being driven, often indecently fast and often by significant names from motorsport history? Plus you get four whole days of petrolhead heaven with pretty much every branch of motorsport covered. If you do go take a healthy credit card, you just can't beat drinking Veuve Cliquot on the lawn in front of the house, or take a passenger ride around the forest rally stage (don't eat before hand:Eeek:) (£80 when I did it a couple of years ago but you do get a base level MSA licence into the bargain(£45 worth)), a passenger ride in a Bowler Landy will set you back about £20-£25 for about two minutes of excitement. Goodwood FoS is not an event where you can justify the cost, if motorsport is your "thang" then it is worth every penny and drop of sweat you shed to earn it. JUST DO IT!::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

D.

Dave,

Totally agree with you regarding the VFM of the actual entry tickets, its just the pitch fees that I think are out of proportion.

We are booking into a CL that is a bus ride away so look forward to seeing you there. I will be the tall grey haired man with a tear in his eye for days gone past when I was a motor mechanic fresh out of school ::bigsmile:riving2:

Tinca

kex66

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Whose pinched my Avatar. :Angry:

Can someone pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaase sort out SuperMike's Avatar issue, it's confusing the hell out of me and that's not good for a Sunday morning.........::bigsmile:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Dave,

Totally agree with you regarding the VFM of the actual entry tickets, its just the pitch fees that I think are out of proportion.

We are booking into a CL that is a bus ride away so look forward to seeing you there. I will be the tall grey haired man with a tear in his eye for days gone past when I was a motor mechanic fresh out of school ::bigsmile:riving2:

Tinca

Sadly we're not going this year, too many other commitments and not enough disposable funds left after paying for my racing. As for being the tall grey haired man with a tear in his eye etc you won't be alone, there will be plenty of others feeling the same nostalgia, that's partly what makes FoS so special.

Enjoy yourselves, D.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
:roflmto:

One hot FoS, Me and Sian Spent all day and £500 on the lawn under a Moët umbrella. Can't remember seeing a car or a bike that year, I remember having a lot of laughs and I remember the shock when I got the bill. ::bigsmile:

You do need either a helthy credit card or a big wad of cash to really enjoy FoS. We now have five wonderful years of memories of FoS to look back on, sitting on the lawn on a hot sunny summer's day sipping perfectly chilled Champagne while listening to F1 cars screaming up the hill a few yards away, priceless!::bigsmile:

D.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just checked out the prices and they want £220.00 just for the pitch and a further £268 for festival entry which is a bit over the top in my opinion. Has anyone located a campsite nearby to ease the cost a bit?

Tinca

5 night for up to 4 people is £160, £220 includes electric.

So thats £8 per night BARGAIN, or £16 each if just two of you, still not bad IMO.

Martin

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
5 night for up to 4 people is £160, £220 includes electric.

So thats £8 per night BARGAIN, or £16 each if just two of you, still not bad IMO.

Martin

Exactly and you get a 9 metre square pitch so hardly small as someone else suggested.

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back