Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
I just bought one of these, in the advertising blurb it's described as being specially formatted for motorhomes/caravans. To this end it has a fully loaded list of all Caravan club and Camping and Caravanning club sites and CL's. Just one click of an icon, it says, and you get them.
Trouble is where are they, I have found an icon for ACSI sites, Camperstop etc but no Caravan club or Camping and caravan club.

If any funster has knowledge of this otherwise very useful piece of kit, please let me know where I'm going wrong. Nowhere in the pdf manual does it say how to access this info.:Doh:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Unfortunately I think you may have misread the blurb. According to Broken Link Removed the S2500 "Now includes campsite and motorhome stopover information supplied by ACSI, BordAtlas and Camperstop!" but no mention of CC or C&CC.

The CC edition is the Snooper S5450 or S5460. The C&CC did a deal with Garmin not Snooper.

I don't know whether Snooper offer CC or C&CC POI downloads but you can't just load the sets produced by the clubs because there is no way of converting them to Snooper format.

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
This is what I found on their advert and it does state it includes the CC and the CCC

"NEW from Snooper - Ventura Pro S2500 with FREE Lifetime Map Updates. Super Slim and with a 4.3" widescreen LCD, ventura Pro S2500 is our most affordable sat nav yet. Designed specifically for caravans and motorhomes, Ventura Pro calculates safe routes based on your vehicles width, length, height and weight. Includes unique search facility of over 20,000 campsites and motorhome stopovers in 31 countries inlcuding The Caravan Club and The Camping Caravanning Club!"

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, i have the s5000 and you need to go to:

User POI

and scroll down they are there:thumb:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
We have the 7000 and again you have to go to them and scroll down. They will automatically appear on the screen when you are in the area as CL or CS depending on the club an highlighted in blue.

OP
OP
kglblue

kglblue

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
St.Agnes Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
6 years
The Sat Nav is fine so far and seems to find the satellites really quick. My only problem is that no matter where I put the included aerial for TMC, it gets no signal, not a glimmer of a signal. I have read the manual and it says you can change the frequency and fine tune to get the best signal. You go to configure, TMC and at the bottom of the screen is "channel". So far so good, pressed the channel button, in the manual it then says , press the forward and back arrows to search for the best frequency to get a signal. There are no fwd and back arrows a page is displayed which says frequency 101.5
and below this it says classic (10) but nothing else and still no signal.

I don't think I need this, having used tomtom for years without this TMC option. However, I wonder if anyone has got this to work on the entry level s2500 unit?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
just checked my set up which works really well.

as you say go to, configure; TMC, channel (bottom left ); and i have "tick " in AF and it looks as if the frequency is constantly searching.

i assume AF means auto frequency :Smile:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
pS; under the frequency at the top of the screen i have some arrowsl like these;

<< < > >>

but there is a box below them ticked AF.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back