Camping Village San Francesco (1 Viewer)

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
has anyone got any info regarding this campsite on lake garda italy we know its a acsi but would like 1st hand experience of it if possible
thanks bill

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Bill

We stayed here for 9 days 3 years ago, the site its self is quite big but never seemed over busy to us. We had originally booked for 7 nights through the CC but turned up 2 days early due to rain on the way down.

The site has a couple of carry outs and a restaurant plus a supermarket, never ate at the restaurant but did get pizza from the carry out one night and it was lovely. The reception staff where great and spoke really good English they also have security on the gate checking your wristband as you leave and enter the site and again they where very pleasant at all times.

When we turned up early they gave us a normal pitch as we had booked a larger one, the normal one was fine and would easly fit a 7m van with room left over.

If you come out of the site and turn right for the main road you can get a bus to desenzano or sirmione, you could walk to both in about 30mins or use the cycle path if you have your bikes with you.

If there's anything else you want to know just ask

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
thanks for ya reply we have been to the lakes a few times but i'm fed up with the same place and this looked great and the fact it is acsi is even better

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
am i missing something here ?

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Hi Bill
We used this site end of last June, we hadn't booked it, just turned up on spec, they let us have a look round and was told of some empty pitches to check out, front pitches are more expensive and not for use on asci prices, although out pitch did overlook the lake which at night when lit up is beautiful.

It was very busy when we went end of June.

booked for just a couple of nights to see how we went, then had a bike ride to a few more along the lake, but we think this site was the best, shower/toilet facilities were excellent, they had washing machines, and all very clean.
bar, restaurant, take away and as Gerry said they speak very good English, you can buy wifi by the hour/s

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We were there last year... It was extremely hot and very dusty... But its in a great location. Bit noisy if you're near the bar/restaurant. Pool is nice. Washing machines are good.. Showers were a bit grubby for me. Your own showers would be better.
Walking distance to pietrasanta.. And there's a very nice restaurant along the lakeside walk too

Attachments

• 20130726_175315~01.jpg
    20130726_175315~01.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

JEB

Free Member
Feb 9, 2013
UK -sussex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I`m a newbie
Evening Bill, we stayed a few nights at this site last year, not much more i can add to earlier responses. However if you fancy a different experience to Garda (+/- ) you could take a look at Lake Caldonazzo just below Trento. A number good sites, we stayed at Camp Spiaggia (Hilldweller suggested lake/site :thumb: ) but there are others.Beautiful laybacked lake, peaceful, campsite on water edge, very good restaurants, excellent cycling/walking, swimming .Ended up staying there 2 weeks . Strange as it may seem the site does not get many Brits!

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Evening Bill, we stayed a few nights at this site last year, not much more i can add to earlier responses. However if you fancy a different experience to Garda (+/- ) you could take a look at [HI]Lake Caldonazzo [/HI]just below Trento. A number good sites, we stayed at Camp Spiaggia (Hilldweller suggested lake/site :thumb: ) but there are others.Beautiful laybacked lake, peaceful, campsite on water edge, very good restaurants, excellent cycling/walking, swimming .Ended up staying there 2 weeks . Strange as it may seem the site does not get many Brits!

this is why the £10 we pay for being part of fun is worth every penny we have been travelling to lake garda for some years now on and off but never even realized caldnazzo existed thanks for all the info and it looks like its now time for a change and a visit to another lake i did a google walk and seems like a road which has so many sites that if 1 is no good u can up anchor and move booking being made later today thanks again people :thumb:

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
i wonder how pappajohn knew about that place the mind boggle's :Smile:

Jun 23, 2013
Hurworth-on-Tees, Darlington, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti 650 MEG
Exp
Since July 2013 but been camping for 25+ years
Lake Iseo is also a good bet. Smaller lake and consequently has less people there. Plenty of sites around the lake though. We're going to try Lake Maggiore this year and then head off through France . . . maybe!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i wonder how pappajohn knew about that place the mind boggle's :Smile:

Been there Bill.......

Me and Shirl took a trolleybus ride to see for ourselves what folks had told us.

Saw a couple of stereotypical shaven headed, no-neck muscle-bound blokes in skin tight leather shorts and sleeveless vests walking hand in hand...nearly choked on my coffee.

No point going to the big city if you aint going to see the sights.

Btw....i no homophobe :thumb:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back