Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi All!

Thinking of buying a damp moisture meter so I can check by myself damp in future motorhome and even after to prevent similar problem.

Any advice on the subject would be much appreciated.

JJ and I have planned a travel to Germany to find a motorhome for me ..... Hoping to be a bit luckier than lately...

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
the most essential tool in my opinion when buying a motorhome but don't buy 1 to cheap
Broken Link Removed
that's the 1 i use in both the mh and for work and its a good meter

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Gosh ...!!!!!!!! More than 20 euros postage:whatthe::whatthe: ! I have to try and find some equivalent in France.

Thanks for advice anyway. I'll do what I have to do if it must save a lot of money on repairing damp damages!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Frankie I have a couple spare-bought them as clearance from Aldi -they work just as good as my expensive one giving same readings :thumb: PM your add and I will send you one for free :thumb:
Busy today but will post out Friday :winky:
terry

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Hi Frankie I have a couple spare-bought them as clearance from Aldi -they work just as good as my expensive one giving same readings :thumb: PM your add and I will send you one for free :thumb:
Busy today but will post out Friday :winky:
terry

Very nice of you Terry indeed!
I never thought you would even read ... and what about answering! I hope life treats you a tad better , and that you're feeling a bit better!

I should have your e-mail address so sending address right now:thumb:

If you feel like it, may be a few searches on the type of van I'm looking for (you know which ones I like) then we would need a list around a week before we're leaving France for Germany (28th Feb). Garages and private sellers mainly on a fixed price, trying to avoid the "bidding" ones ! Ta !

Affectueusement

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Terry even now thinking of others what a great bloke:thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I got a cheap one from Aldi or Lidl can't remember which but it was only a few pounds and it works really well cant see the point of spending loads you just want to find damp not analyse it to death.
By the way not a spec of damp in my 12 year old German van but loads in my brand new purpose built shed / workshop where I keep and service my m/bikes :cry::cry:

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

A friend of mine was shocked to find high readings of damp in his caravan when he had it serviced at the very start of last season. However, despite some serious probing there was no evidence other than that of the meter used by the agent. During the non too dry summer the 'damp' had disappeared.
With his story in mind I borrowed a dehumidifier recently and it took nearly 2Lts of water out of the atmosphere and cushions in our 'van in 24hrs. Our van did not have any water ingress. It was purely as a result of the 'van being left out in the winter atmosphere.

I think I'll buy a dehumidifier to use in our new? motorhome

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
thats not damp Rory.....thats the wood preservative that hasnt dried out yet. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I wish John had the builder out yesterday he's gonna refelt the whole roof.
We're very high up and very exposed and this recent high wind and rain found a couple of weak spots. Good job I spotted it early. :Doh:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Posting it out in the Morning Frankie :thumb:I even know where I put them in the garage :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Terry even now thinking of others what a great bloke:thumb:

Giving me something to do other than think of other things :thumb:I was up at around 6 am walking the dog then got all cleaned up,bathed etc re vacuumed then sat waiting.
terry

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Before opening I thought - that's no way to talk about JJ, he ain't little and or useful, as for being a tool...........

:winky:

:Eeek::Eeek: Stop planning trips ......You're dead :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

....And try to find the best damp meter ever as your Darling is going to wet the van with tears :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ok open competition on how to find the best way to use the words "little tool" and JJ....And try to be classy :RollEyes:

I hope you realise these are my last words..... Non only am I going to loose my title of "Princess", be removed for ever from the Christmas card list, but I'm going to be properly informed on what is a big tool and a small tool .... :whatthe:

The Late Frankie.......

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Your little useful tool is winging it's way towards you as I type (royal air mail):thumb:You should have it in 4/5 days (so they say ) :winky:::bigsmile:
terry

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
My legal department want you happy go lucky Funsters to know that the laws of libel apply to websites like Fun as well as traditional publishing...

Should any aspersions be cast concerning the contents of my tool box relative to my overall character that are proveably untrue then tyres will be let down and genny fuel tanks will be emptied.

JJ :Cool:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
:Eeek::Eeek: Stop planning trips ......You're dead :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

....And try to find the best damp meter ever as your Darling is going to wet the van with tears :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ok open competition on how to find the[HI] best way to use the words "little tool" and JJ....And try to be classy [/HI] :RollEyes:

I hope you realise these are my last words..... Non only am I going to loose my title of "Princess", be removed for ever from the Christmas card list, but I'm going to be properly informed on what is a big tool and a small tool .... :whatthe:

The Late Frankie.......

In all fairy stories whenever the beautiful Princess finds her Handsome? Prince they exchange meaningful and suggestive looks, but before any visible hanky panky the screen fades to dark and everything else is left to the imagination. ::bigsmile: JJ is the 'useful little tool' that facilitates the darkness. :thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
In all fairy stories whenever the beautiful Princess finds her Handsome? Prince they exchange [HI]meaningful and suggestive looks[/HI], but before any visible hanky panky the screen fades to dark and everything else is left to the imagination. ::bigsmile: JJ is the 'useful little tool' that facilitates the darkness. :thumb:

The last time I gave my Princess some meaningful and suggestive looks she said

"No way... I am NOT watching that video again... even if Sergio Aguero does score at the very end and City become Champions..."

:Sad: :Sad:

JJ :Cool:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
In all fairy stories whenever the beautiful Princess finds her Handsome?[HI] Prince[/HI] they exchange meaningful and suggestive looks, but before any visible hanky panky the screen fades to dark and everything else is left to the imagination. ::bigsmile: JJ is the 'useful little tool' that facilitates the[HI] darkness[/HI]. :thumb:

OMG I've designated JJ as the Prince of Darkness!!! :Eeek: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
GOT IT !

It arrived this morning! Very little time to get here indeed!

Thank you very much Terry!

Will try it later , when work is finished!

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
GOT IT !

It arrived this morning! Very little time to get here indeed!

Thank you very much Terry!

Will try it later , when work is finished!

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:
the last time my wife received a useful "tool" through the post it was sent discreetely wraped in plain brown paper. fortunately the batteries were not in it so it didnt vibrate in the post office. can you imagine a potential bomb scare caused by a buzzing and vibrating useful little tool in a plain package?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back