Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
We are off to France next month, where do we get tokens for the aires? or can you pay with card.

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
They are all different. Some you can pay by card, some it's cash only (so keep lots of change) and some it's tokens & there's usually a sign telling you where to get them.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Loads of them are free, France passion all free::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
The machine / installation that dispenses water and takes toilet waste etc. is called a 'borne de service'. Some are automated and look a bit like a giant bollard, some are in a tall cabinet and some are just a tap on a wall and a drain.
The Flot Bleu system often only accepts cards; Euro Relais / Raclette and others may take coins (€1 or €2 usually) or tokens - called 'jetons'. There will usually be a sign advising where to buy jetons but if not, the 'usual suspects' are: Mairie, Office de Tourisme, nearby Tabac. It is rare to find jetons from one location will fit another so don't try keeping a stock in the van. Many bornes are free to use.

If you haven't already had a look, go to this website which is the best source of aires de camping cars locations and info. You can also download a POI file for the SatNav FOC.
http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm

Last edited:
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi , If you haven't booked your crossing yet , DFDS are offering £58 return for march from the 3rd to the 27th, see DFDS offer thread.
:rain:Terry:rain:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
As said-it varies,but Marie is usually a good bet,or it could be a nearby Bar tabac or a Boulangerie-a chance to have a wander and see a bit of the town or village :thumb:
On many a police person will come round in evening to collect fee.
It's all very relaxed-enjoy ::bigsmile:

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Biged

Biged

Free Member
Sep 21, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
No longer looking
Exp
Hi , If you haven't booked your crossing yet , DFDS are offering £58 return for march from the 3rd to the 27th, see DFDS offer thread.
:rain:Terry:rain:

We have already booked. :thumb:

I tried to book through DFDS and it rejected my booking twice, i have no idea why? Just went on the P&O site and the booking made in 5 mins.

I did not find the DFDS site intuitive at all, it's probably just me :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back