Free Member
Nov 30, 2008
Whitby North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express 6 birth
Exp
Since 1970 first van converted police van
Hi we are planing a big trip this year we have paid for ferry to Dunkirk going into Belgium, to visit a friend, in Holland and Germany visiting my brother, then we are going to Prague, through Austria, Slavinia, then down to Trieste in Italy. and then we head back towards Dunkirk on a differant route through Austria Germany, Luxumberg Belgium, ferry and back to north yorkshire.

4 weeks of the summer holidays should do the trick. 10 countries and about 3,000 miles round trip :ROFLMAO::thumb::thumb: Looking forward to it because the fun part of traveling abroard is not seaking the lingo:ROFLMAO:

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Hi we are planing a big trip this year we have paid for ferry to Dunkirk going into Belgium, to visit a friend, in Holland and Germany visiting my brother, then we are going to Prague, through Austria, Slavinia, then down to Trieste in Italy. and then we head back towards Dunkirk on a differant route through Austria Germany, Luxumberg Belgium, ferry and back to north yorkshire.

4 weeks of the summer holidays should do the trick. 10 countries and about 3,000 miles round trip :ROFLMAO::thumb::thumb: Looking forward to it because the fun part of traveling abroard is not[HI] seaking[/HI] the lingo:ROFLMAO:

That include here too? ::bigsmile:::bigsmile::BigGri

Have a great trip.

We might join you.........sometime!

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Each to there own I suppose, but I used to get paid to do those sort of mileages in that sort of time :Smile:.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We did a very similar trip in 2009 - 10 countries in 21 days, which was 3,500 miles. At the time we were working and so saved up our full holiday allowance to use. We did France, Belgium, Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia, Italy & Austria.

We loved it! Part of the fun for us was the driving and seeing the world from the cab. Sure, you do 'miss out' on a lot of stuff - but I'd rather that then be stranded in some god awful resort somewhere!

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Same here I don't think we've ever stayed anywhere more than a week.::bigsmile:
If I'm gonna sit in the same spot for weeks/months on end I'll buy a caravan makes more sense than a m/home :RollEyes: But hey we're all different and that's the beauty of this life having the choice. :thumb:

Enjoy your trip we're doing very similar trip but over 8 or 9 weeks May June :thumb:

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Very do-able. :thumb:
3 days maximum on site for me then I get itchy feet (wheels?). Did the journey from UK to Crete last year in 21 days and it didn't feel rushed at all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Each to there own I suppose, but I used to get paid to do those sort of mileages in that sort of time :Smile:.

People have to learn the hard way. It's a MOTORhome, so we've got the keep motoring.

On the other hand it can be a sweep to discover where to go back to and enjoy it the second time around.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back