Green flag help (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Been scouring the net for European breakdown insurance, turned up some interesting things, green flag looks to be the best option BUT now here's a strange thing if you go to a site http://www.european-breakdown-cover.com/Home.aspx?r=9&gclid=CJixifD8prwCFWITwwodVVUAiQ they have green flag for £72 but if you go to green flag direct it is £107 with the discount.
Looking into it more you can cover another vehicle for uk breakdown as well for an extra pound on green flags site, and two drivers .
So now the problem is , is the first site anygood , has anyone used them or do you think the green flag is better even though it's half as much again for the same cover, but for two motors.:Doh:
Never had any uk breakdown so the second car thing isn't really worth that much to me, iv always managed to get home in uk for 50 years. But it is there if you wanted it.
I know I have been rambling a bit but it's very confusing.
Also I have seen a lot of you on here go for adac, I think that's what it's called , can you still get it and how much is it , all I can find is a site in German.

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We got Green Flag, £120 ish all the bells and whistles.

When we go overseas we take Red Pennant thro the Caravan Club, Reasonable rates, and from what I've read, good service when you need it .

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, I used RAC thru ccc arrival scheme for UK basically it covers me in any vehicle m/h or car, that I am in whether its mine or someone else's. also depending on how long and how often you are going abroad, we went last time for 2 weeks it was cheaper doing it by the number of days, but not much dearer had I been going several times or longer to have paid for the year. when it came up for renewal after a couple of years I was going to cancel UK membership and they ended up giving me 15 months cover for 12 mnths price.
:sin:Terry:sin:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
We use green flag ,covers us at home or away and ships the van and ourselves home if needed. Not had to use it yet. My daughter has.They shipped them home from southern France last year but let them finish there holliday first she said they were fantastic.:thumb:

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
We use green flag ,covers us at home or away and ships the van and ourselves home if needed. Not had to use it yet. My daughter has.They shipped them home from southern France last year but let them finish there holliday first she said they were fantastic.:thumb:
Is there any restriction on size and weight? :Smile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I had Green flag on my old car.

They were fantastic when the clutch went in France last year.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Quote:
Originally Posted by treetops1
We use green flag ,covers us at home or away and ships the van and ourselves home if needed. Not had to use it yet. My daughter has.They shipped them home from southern France last year but let them finish there holliday first she said they were fantastic.
[HI]Is there any restriction on size and weight[/HI]?

Yes

Won't recover over 3500kg. Can't remember if there is a 7.5m limit as well. :Doh:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Right I'm sold on green flag, but does anyone know the difference between £108 for the genuine green flag or the http://www.european-breakdown-cover.com/Home.aspx?r=9&gclid=CJixifD8prwCFWITwwodVVUAiQ £69 greenflag

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
Whilst ADAC seem to give the best cover, as seen on previous threads, they are NOT taking new uk customers.

We have been looking for cover like you, and green flag covers the uk and red pennant covers for European travel, the prices we were quote for our van was £130 green flag and up to £250 ( depending on cover) for red pennant.
Our van is however over 3.5 T

So we decided to renew our insurance with Saga including full uk and overseas cover for our big van for £480.
I think we did ok but I am sure there are more experienced MHomers who have better deals.:thumb:

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Whilst ADAC seem to give the best cover, as seen on previous threads, they are NOT taking new uk customers.

We have been looking for cover like you, and green flag covers the uk and red pennant covers for European travel, the prices we were quote for our van was £130 green flag and up to £250 ( depending on cover) for red pennant.

So we decided to renew our insurance with Saga including full uk and overseas cover for our big van for £480.
I think we did ok but I am sure there are more experienced MHomers who have better deals.:thumb:

Thought g f didn't do above 3.5t

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
If you go with the genuine one they will send up to £500 worth of parts and pay garage fees lol.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
why not phone up green flag and ask them directly????

their main number may well match the other price.

Good luck - when I had my own car I always used green flag and found their service was excellent.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
why not phone up green flag and ask them directly????

their main number may well match the other price.

Good luck - when I had my own car I always used green flag and found their service was excellent.

Going to try that tomorrow, but it does say these prices are online only:Sad:

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
Extract from GF terms. Sorry couldn't trim correctly on ipad hence here is the web link and look at page 11 right hand top.

Clearly says not over 3.5ton.

Broken Link Removed

That's pg 11 a shown on the document page numbers.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011

No.. ADAC definitely are taking on new UK customers.. And that is on more recent posts too.
All the details required to call them are in posts on here.

Soaringman

Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2012
My GF cover was for me and the wife for any vehicle we were driving AND included our 4.5 ton Motorhome, that was last year and the quote was for this year starting this month.
Regards ADAC it seems like it depends who you speak to on this forum.
The mixed messages seem to keep coming.:Doh:

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Then don't speak to people on here.. Speak to ADAC. They do take new UK customers ..
Just call them on 0049 89222222.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back