Autocruise spare - any idea wots going on? (1 Viewer)

worky

Free Member
Mar 6, 2008
worcester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Hi
I believe there's a rep of Swift/Autocruise who is a member of the site! some 7 weeks ago I reported a number of issues with my new Starburst to my dealership which needed repair/replacing, they say they put an order in on 16th June, so far nothing has arrived and as I'm off to France in 2 weeks Friday I'm starting to get anxious. The dealership have rung and emailed Autocruise but no replies - I,ve rung them and still no reply. Any ideas folks?:Smile:

OP
OP
W

worky

Free Member
Mar 6, 2008
worcester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Hi Peter thanks for doing that, hopefully I may get somewhere now

Clyde:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Don't hold your breath

Hi
I believe there's a rep of Swift/Autocruise who is a member of the site! some 7 weeks ago I reported a number of issues with my new Starburst to my dealership which needed repair/replacing, they say they put an order in on 16th June, so far nothing has arrived and as I'm off to France in 2 weeks Friday I'm starting to get anxious. The dealership have rung and emailed Autocruise but no replies - I,ve rung them and still no reply. Any ideas folks?:Smile:

Hi Peter,
I collected my Gleneagle on June 2nd without a table. The swift group are embarking on a slow wrecking mission at Autocruise and this will be my last along with many members of the club. If Autocruise was as usual the table would have been shipped within 24 hours. How times change for the worse.
Anyway good luck with them but they don't appear to give a dam about customers.
Wilf

OP
OP
W

worky

Free Member
Mar 6, 2008
worcester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Hi Peter,
I collected my Gleneagle on June 2nd without a table. The swift group are embarking on a slow wrecking mission at Autocruise and this will be my last along with many members of the club. If Autocruise was as usual the table would have been shipped within 24 hours. How times change for the worse.
Anyway good luck with them but they don't appear to give a dam about customers.
Wilf

hi wilf
the table I had in the Starburst was one of the problems I had, took it outside in mild sunshine (yes we did have a little bit) and it started delaminating on top and underneath! perhaps there's a shortage of chipboard!!! would explain why we can't get replacements

Clyde:Sad:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi,

I am extremely surprised at your comments about Swift as they are excellent at customer support in my experience and that is not because we are a Swift Dealer either.

If their support was crap, they would have been booted off my forecourt without any compunction.

Dont forget I pay good money for MH's and dont need agro either.

Peter

Jack the Rev

Free Member
Apr 21, 2008
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
20 years
Don't hold you breath - or you'll die!!!

Hi

I don't want to discourage you but I bought a new Swift Bolero in April 2007 and on delivery the Magic Eye was not working. I was assured a new ones would be sent to me in the post - believe it or not I'm still waiting. I ordered the part again last April along with some others - still nothing.

When it comes to parts I'm sorry to say as far as Swift is concerned they are a disater.

Hope you have better luck.

Jack the Rev

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Jack,

I would suggest you give your dealer some stick, its his job to look after retail customers.

A number of times, Kath from Swift has sorted out problems for Swift owners, on this forum and the other one, minor or major is immaterial to her.

I speak as I find, got no axe to grind either way.

Peter

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Autocruise Parts

Wilky and Willjoy

Please send me a PM with your details so that I can trace your orders.

Regards
Kath

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Swift parts

Jack the Rev

We do not have any orders that age. Something has clearly gone wrong and it is not on order with Swift.

Please send me your details and I will look into it.

Regards

Kath

Jack the Rev

Free Member
Apr 21, 2008
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
20 years
Parts Order - Swift Bolero

Kath

The latest order was placed by Brownhills, Newark on 22nd April when I took the van back for its first service. The Doc No is 40119 and the WIP No/ICT is 47921. Hope this helps. I may be contacted on 07710 945464

I await with interest but I'm going on hols to France on Sunday.

:Eeek:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Kath

The latest order was placed by Brownhills, Newark on 22nd April when I took the van back for its first service. The Doc No is 40119 and the WIP No/ICT is 47921. Hope this helps. I may be contacted on 07710 945464

I await with interest but I'm going on hols to France on Sunday.

:Eeek:

Brownhills went BUST BIG TIME 26th April so dont blame Swift!:Eeek:

Jack the Rev

Free Member
Apr 21, 2008
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
A Class Adria Vision
Exp
20 years
Thanks

Jack,

I would suggest you give your dealer some stick, its his job to look after retail customers.

A number of times, Kath from Swift has sorted out problems for Swift owners, on this forum and the other one, minor or major is immaterial to her.

I speak as I find, got no axe to grind either way.

Peter

Thanks Peter but I dealer is useless to put it mildly. I'll never buy from them again.

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
I have an Autocruise which developed a problem went through the Dealer Brownhills who were of no help whatsoever. Swift who now own Autocruise have been nothing but helpful even though they have no obligation to do so. :thumb:
I have now seen numerous complaints where the Dealer is not assisting and in are stepping Swift to assist.
I will be buying next a Swift/Autocruise simply due to the efforts they have made BUT I will be very careful about which dealer gets my business.::bigsmile:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Thanks Peter but I dealer is useless to put it mildly. I'll never buy from them again.

We could do with a "Hall Of Shame" :Eeek: page on here for dealers who are pants and a link detailing peoples gripes with them. At Christmas we could do a TOP 10 of useless motorhome dealers!!:thumb: and send them all a Chrimbo card!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
W

worky

Free Member
Mar 6, 2008
worcester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
We could do with a "Hall Of Shame" :Eeek: page on here for dealers who are pants and a link detailing peoples gripes with them. At Christmas we could do a TOP 10 of useless motorhome dealers!!:thumb: and send them all a Chrimbo card!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

To be fair to my Dealer they have phoned?emailed Autocruise to no avail and also been waiting for 30mins on phone today trying to get through, I've also rung them and left contact number but no joy although I will send email tonight,apart from that I really don't know what else we can do! But have PMd Kath at Swiftgroup with details so hoping she can come up with something soon

clyde:Smile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Kath at Swift is normally very good at sorting problems out for Swift owners but please bear in mind the fact that perhaps your MH was manufactured before Swift took over Autocruise and they only bought the Company without the liabilites.

They have to my knowledge assisted owners where they had no liability to do so.

A thought.

Peter

OP
OP
W

worky

Free Member
Mar 6, 2008
worcester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Kath at Swift is normally very good at sorting problems out for Swift owners but please bear in mind the fact that perhaps your MH was manufactured before Swift took over Autocruise and they only bought the Company without the liabilites.

They have to my knowledge assisted owners where they had no liability to do so.

A thought.

Peter

Hi Peter

I purchased my new Starburst in April of this year so would imagine that was after Swift took over, am I right in thinking that?

cheers Clyde

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back