How to find list of pubs who allow vans to overnight? (1 Viewer)

dreckly

Free Member
May 13, 2009
cornwall
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Back on the road after a 4 yr break
Hello all,
I am searching for a list of pubs where you can stay over in their car park.
I found one on this site somewhere but can't remember where it is. If someone who knows could direct me back to it I would be most grateful.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Britstops, see other thread that's been running yesterday and today::bigsmile:

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
yellow pages and a phone?::bigsmile:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Definitely ring the pubs first as at least one of these local to us hasn't been a pub for years & another charges a pitch fee so may be many more whose details are out of date.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Anyone know how I can incorporate this into Google Earth?

Hi

If you own the map and have Edit rights, you can download the KLM files and load on Google earth.. but as you don't own the map, that option isn't available..

However.. you can save individual Place Markers onto a new map then you can download the KML file..

Click on a a POI then Click on 'Save to Map' ..

long winded ..but doable ..

Edit.. this works but doesn't save the POI information.. sorry

Last edited:

voyager 1

Free Member
Oct 25, 2012
Durham Tees valley
Funster No
MH
c class Swift voyager
Exp
30+yrs
You don`t need a list just, go to a pub wherever you are in your mootrhome and ask the landlord if you can stay. If they say no just move on to the next pub, i have been motorhoming for over 30 yrs and i have only been refused once. That was because the landlord was away and the young man he had left in charge was unsure about me staying overnigh. As they say in my part of the world shy boys or girls get now`t:RollEyes:

Kiwi Coss

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
You don`t need a list just, go to a pub wherever you are in your mootrhome and ask the landlord if you can stay. If they say no just move on to the next pub, i have been motorhoming for over 30 yrs and i have only been refused once. That was because the landlord was away and the young man he had left in charge was unsure about me staying overnigh. As they say in my part of the world shy boys or girls get now`t:RollEyes:

I am the same... Every time I need to wild camp (and it is only in England) I find a pub and ask them if I can buy a beer in exchange for a place to park. Only been refused three times in two years. once the lady said they couldn't, but she said the pub down the road would take us. She couldn't as it was to do with insurance.
Second was just a straight out no and we found another one not far away. Last one probably mistook us for Australian and thought we were going to steal something...just kidding....
Most of the time it ends up costing more than the campsite as the locals always want to talk to us about NZ and won't let us retire for the night...Colin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back