Help - battery removal (1 Viewer)

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
How do I release the + connection on the vehicle battery?

It's a Fiat 2.3 2006... I've found the quick release on the neg terminal but can't see/find the same on on the pos:Doh:

OP
OP
N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Sorted!

...there's no quick release, it's a 10mm nut......:Blush:

Next question, it's been on ehu but hasn't charged the veh batt... should it???

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
In my experience, On EHU, It's normally only the leisure (House) batteries that get charged Graham.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Thanks Steve

I'm still confused (more than usual:ROFLMAO:) the switch on the control panel when on 'house' doesn't allow operating the step...

Yet when switched to veh the step works.... after I disconnected and removed the veh batt...:Doh::Doh:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Thanks Steve

I'm still confused (more than usual:ROFLMAO:) the switch on the control panel when on 'house' doesn't allow operating the step...

Yet when switched to veh the step works.... after I disconnected and removed the veh batt...:Doh::Doh:

That would appear to be A++e about Face.I would have expected the electric step to be connected to the House/Leisure Batteries, as it would drain the Motorhome battery if used constantly while on site.

Perhaps someone else has experience of this on a similar vehicle?

The fact it works with the vehicle battery removed while switched to the Vehicle battery!!!! I'm confused as well Graham.:Eeek::Doh:

Just had a thought....A motorhome we had some time ago DID have Vehicle and Leisure Switches on the control Panel.

I was under the impression the Vehicle switch only allowed discharge from the battery.Might be worth you reconnecting the Vehicle battery, Putting a multimeter across the Battery and measuring the voltage with the switch off and on.That would prove it.

Can you post a pic of the unit?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
Just back from Addenbrookes... (usual congestion on the A14:cry:)

Batts on charge at the mo...

Pix... ammeter.... :Doh: far too techie, now, if you'd said hammer....:ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the help Steve, I'm in no rush to get the van sorted as we won't be going anywhere for a while:cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back