Motorhome Gas Attack First Hand Account (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I just noticed that someone earlier this month has commented on an article I wrote, saying they were gassed:Eeek: Not someone they know, but they themselves, I think there maybe some holes in the story, but read it and judge for yourself. Read the article or just scroll down to the comment.

Broken Link Removed

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I just noticed that someone earlier this month has commented on an article I wrote, saying they were gassed:Eeek: Not someone they know, but they themselves, I think there maybe some holes in the story, but read it and judge for yourself. Read the article or just scroll down to the comment.

Broken Link Removed

Sorry but I read the comment and :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Cleared the van out in30 seconds, wow, it takes us a week when we get home :Doh: who is this bloke , do we know him, calor gas? What were they going to do , set fire to it:Doh: is he a member lets have him on here.:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Now then, I BELIEVE that 'Hayes' WAS gassed ... really, I do!:Eeek:

... he must have been sniffing something to come up with that story! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Broken Link Removed

Yeah, in the bottom of their motorhome!
:roflmto:

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Gaslow

What a load of carp.

"We caught them" really, how many of then were there and there is no mention of police being called etc.etc. what `happened to the miscreants.

"Gas bottle with hose to air hole/cent in floor" Gas is heavier than air and would probably leak straight out again. What type of gas, what happened to the cylinder.

"Miscreants were from a gypsy site" Next to holiday site the author of the report was on. Really? so they just walked back to the gypsy site having been caught did they.

"Well known, but thy don't talk about it" Well known by who, and the reason theydont talk about it is because it doesn't happen.

I have no doubt that there are some, gypsy or not who will happily steal from motorhome, but no gas bottle was recovered or at least no details about it are given, neither is there any sensible account of what happened to the "gypsies" who were caught re handed so to speak. Both elements would be essential to give some credence to the story.

As it is, the story has more holes than the Titanic. I wonder if on the second occasion when the van was cleaned out in 30 seconds if the thieves found the 5000 euros in cash the owner had hidden under the mattress with his solid gold Rolex.:winky:

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Gassing is true and not story telling...:Sad:

Happened last night....:Eeek:

Judy slept most of the night in the car...

Told her if the same thing happens tonight...

She will be back out in the car....
:RollEyes::winky::ROFLMAO:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Certainly sounds highly unlikely, however I would suggest anyone who is at all concerned gets a gas detector. Not for this mythical 'gypsy' gas, but it will go if if there is a gas leak, which is much more likely to happen.

Because the robbers gas is 'unknown to science' it may not set off the detector of course.:ROFLMAO:

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
We have a greyhound, who can clear our motorhome in far less than 30 seconds with "Greyhound Gas" :ROFLMAO:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
he could have at least tried to make his story a little more plausible:Doh:

i wonder what benefit someone feels from making such claims :Eeek:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
What a load of carp.

"We caught them" really, how many of then were there and there is no mention of police being called etc.etc. what `happened to the miscreants.

"Gas bottle with hose to air hole/cent in floor" Gas is heavier than air and would probably leak straight out again. What type of gas, what happened to the cylinder.

"Miscreants were from a gypsy site" Next to holiday site the author of the report was on. Really? so they just walked back to the gypsy site having been caught did they.

"Well known, but thy don't talk about it" Well known by who, and the reason theydont talk about it is because it doesn't happen.

I have no doubt that there are some, gypsy or not who will happily steal from motorhome, but no gas bottle was recovered or at least no details about it are given, neither is there any sensible account of what happened to the "gypsies" who were caught re handed so to speak. Both elements would be essential to give some credence to the story.

As it is, [HI]the story has more holes than the Titanic.[/HI] I wonder if on the second occasion when the van was cleaned out in 30 seconds if the thieves found the 5000 euros in cash the owner had hidden under the mattress with his solid gold Rolex.:winky:

The Titanic only had one hole.....but jeez, it was a big 'un. :roflmto:

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
gassed by Itinerant's then a year later robbed on an aire.

Time this idiot sold his motorhome and took up gardening. :Doh:

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Should i go and drill holes in the bottom off our motorhome as we don't appear to have any :Eeek:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I can understand that people are robed. But no way are they gassed. I had a break in at home years ago and they went through the house, stealing my wallet from the bedside table from where I was sleeping. Even went into the cellar and searched there. Back door smashed off its hinges and house ransacked with a large collection of porcelain stolen. I had not had a drink the night before, but had done an 18 hour working day. I never heard a thing. If you have driven for perhaps 8 hours or more in a day and not used to that you will sleep like the dead especially after a bottle of vino colapso. Its much more believable to say you have been gassed than admit you were done over by someone that cant read or write. I do remember a well known funster saying they were gassed some time ago and was convinced that it was fact, even with a large dog in residence.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
This old chestnut is always a good read.. :roflmto:

I don't believe that it happens either.. but in the back of my mind I have a niggling doubt.. an itch that just won't go away. Why would 180 French Police say that it does happen, as reported by Fun's very own Frankie in this thread ?

Broken Link Removed

I certainly don't doubt Frankie.. so do the French Police also believe the myth ? Seems highly improbable.. but what other explanation is there ?

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

Quote from the article,
" I have been a security professional most of my adult life, but I was once robbed in a hotel room while I slept. I am sure I wasn’t gassed,"

As a 'Security professional' who for thirty years was at the "sharp end" for all of that time, I can state categorically that no "Security Professional" would use the word ROBBERY when there was no force or implied force "being there and then subjected to him/her"
The real "Security Professionals" out there will know exactly what I mean by that. It's in the definition of robbery.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
im sure many members remember a trip to the dentist years ago.

Remember how, after coming round from the gas, you jumped off the chair and skipped down the street.....not.

Coming round from a gas aneastetic has to be one of the worst experiences you can have..........yet theres no mention of feeling unwell for quite some time after waking.

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
This old chestnut is always a good read.. :roflmto:

I don't believe that it happens either.. but in the back of my mind I have a niggling doubt.. an itch that just won't go away. Why would 180 French Police say that it does happen, as reported by Fun's very own Frankie in this thread ?

Broken Link Removed

I certainly don't doubt Frankie.. so do the French Police also believe the myth ? Seems highly improbable.. but what other explanation is there ?

From victims account of what happened??

To my knowledge there has never been anyone prosecuted for gassing offences. He he prolly cos it is a myth! :ROFLMAO:

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
I have been known to gas myself sometimes and been proud of it:Smile: the silent but deadly sort.
And the dog (rip) could do some howlers:ROFLMAO:
But being gassed, broken into & robbed, I would need a lot more evidence to believe this. Iam afraid insurance scam comes to mind.
Steve

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I sat next to a Brit who told me he was gassed in his motorhome.

He stated that in Poland the weather is so cold that the truckers have to use extra large cans of Easy Start.

He informed me that Easy Start is ether which is used in hospitals as an anesthetic.

One of these cans (empty) was outside his van after the robbery.

I said nothing. I needed the batteries he was selling me.

JJ :Cool:

norfolkenchants

Free Member
Oct 7, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
We were gassed in France

About six years ago my wife and I were staying in an apartment in Cannes in the south of France. We were on the second floor and as it was a hot night the bedroom window was open into the balcony. We woke up the next morning with thumping headaches minus our wallet and handbag. The thieves had the agility of monkeys and had escaped over rooftops. French plod told us in a matter of fact way that we had been gassed by a gypsy gang (Roma) who were regulars.They told us they knew who did it but could never prove it as they only took cash. They also told us they operated on trains but no mention of motorhomes!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
if some gang tried to gas me, like many others with health issues they would probably kill me. you dont hear about people murdered and robbed in motorhomes in france do you???

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
I sat next to a Brit who told me he was gassed in his motorhome.

He stated that in Poland the weather is so cold that the truckers have to use extra large cans of Easy Start.

He informed me that Easy Start is ether which is used in hospitals as an anesthetic.

One of these cans (empty) was outside his van after the robbery.

I said nothing. I needed the batteries he was selling me.

JJ :Cool:

If easystart was sprayed into my hm while the gas heating was on, having my wallet nicked would be the least of my worries:Eeek:. That stuff is very is highly explosive.
Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back