martintheviking

Free Member
Jan 27, 2014
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi, I'm Martin, My wife is Noreen & we've just brought our 1st Motorhome. It's a Swift Suntor 600S, 2002 model, picking it up in a months time, hopefully just in time for the early March Severn Bore. (Can anyone recommend a site nearby, we can cycle to the river, so it doesn't need to be on the bank.)

I drive an Artic during the week, all over the country, so this is a Busman's Holiday for me, only difference is- we will be able to get to a lot more tighter places & see a lot more scenery & not too many industrial estates (we hope :thumb:)

Done a lot of camping in tents over the years & its time to move on to something a bit easier, drier & warmer.

We toured the East & North coasts of Scotland last year, B & Bs, & enjoyed it so much that we decided to take our accommodation with us for the next few years. We intend to do the West Coast of Scotland & the Islands, Ireland, possibly the Isle of Man (I haven't told Nor yet about that one :winky:) Wales & hopefully Normandy/France & of course use it for the odd weekend away.

On the lookout for good, reasonably priced sites, any out of the way beauty spots & it goes without saying- a few good pubs to relax in (when I've finished my diet :RollEyes:)

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
May 29, 2012
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Cheyenne 635se
Exp
since 2008
hi

hi and welcome to funsters you will have agreat time with us lot as we are all mad:party2::welcomefunster:mervyn

Bebe

Free Member
May 22, 2013
Spain/East Yorkshire, Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2001
:welcomefunster::welcomefunster: :flyingwelcome: One big happy family:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Fun, from your introduction you should fit in well here, try and get to a rally or two a great way of meeting other funsters. :Smile:

barearse

Free Member
Dec 31, 2012
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Just starting
Welcome

Hello Martin,take a look at "Brit Stops" :thumb:.Welcome aboard & happy travels!

OP
OP
M

martintheviking

Free Member
Jan 27, 2014
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
:welcomefunster:

How far up the river do you want to be? There is a pub, The Tudor Arms in Slimbridge http://www.tudorcaravanpark.com/

It is a cycle ride from the river which may be too wide for the best view of the bore. Best locations are shown here http://www.severn-bore.co.uk/locations.html

Lunarman
http://www.tudorcaravanpark.com/

Thanks John, we'll check out Tudor.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

martintheviking

Free Member
Jan 27, 2014
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks Guys & Gals for all the welcomes. :thumb:

Been a couple of days before I could get back on because I didn't realise this is a Subscription site. I tried to pay by card but it wouldn't 'Play' so I had to get my Paypal Toy out of the box & it's all ok now. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back