Chinese sat nav reversing camera (1 Viewer)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I am having fun with my new Chinese sat nav. Seems to be working well.

I've seen that several people have bought the reversing camera that can attach to the sat nav.

Does anyone have any details?
  • In particular, any ideas on the viewing angle?
  • What kind of connections does it have?
  • How long are the cables?
  • Does it have night-view?
  • How quick is the change between camera view and sat nav?

Thanks,
M

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I am having fun with my new Chinese sat nav. Seems to be working well.

I've seen that several people have bought the reversing camera that can attach to the sat nav.

Does anyone have any details?
  • In particular, any ideas on the viewing angle?
  • What kind of connections does it have?
  • How long are the cables?
  • Does it have night-view?
  • How quick is the change between camera view and sat nav?

Thanks,
M
I can answer a bit of that. The viewing angle seems to be quite good, but I haven't mounted it in situ yet, so not 100% sure.
The bit to the satnav, (ie the front bit), plugs in between the 12volt supply and the unit. So, the cable from the 12 volt ciggie lighter socket goes into the front camera Bluetooth receiver, which then plugs into the satnav....make sense?
The rear unit cables are very long, you wouldn't have a problem connecting the camera to the reversing light, (which operates it).
It has a ring of LEDs around the camera lens. Not sure just yet how effective that will be.
As soon as you select reverse, the unit changes from directions to camera. When you come out of reverse, it changes back to the direction screen.
Will know more when its fitted. :Smile:

Last edited:

jaytee74

Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007
chinese sat nav reversing camara

just wanted to add , used my chinese truck--lorry sat nav for first time this weekend traveling into the north pennines it gave early warning of all narrow or low bridges and narrow roads in good time for me to take alternative route if chosen. in truth it was first class (fantastic) well worth the £48.00 i paid for it. re --reverse camera i have just fitted one of these also not a combined unit but an independent unit. BUT i connected it to my rear lights so i can and do use it as a rear mirror which means i can see the blind spot immediatly behind me the spot where rear mirrors cannot cover also if someone tailgates me (ie driving to close) i can read there REG no and if need be phone traffic police with details without the driver behind been aware. and of course when i want to reverse i just switch my lights on. if i want to switch off whilst traveling at night !!!! since i have it connected through my cigarette lighter i just unplug it. i hope this is of interest to someone. jt

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MattR

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I have wired my wireless reversing camera to my number plate lights so that it comes on with the side lights. I may be replacing it with a wired camera as the wireless signal interferes with the radio.

jaytee74

Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007
chinese sat nav reversing camera

I have wired my wireless reversing camera to my number plate lights so that it comes on with the side lights. I may be replacing it with a wired camera as the wireless signal interferes with the radio.

hi matty j had similar problem cured it by extending arials. jt

Aug 19, 2010
trawden lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
just wanted to add , used my chinese truck--lorry sat nav for first time this weekend traveling into the north pennines it gave early warning of all narrow or low bridges and narrow roads in good time for me to take alternative route if chosen. in truth it was first class (fantastic) well worth the £48.00 i paid for it. re --reverse camera i have just fitted one of these also not a combined unit but an independent unit. BUT i connected it to my rear lights so i can and do use it as a rear mirror which means i can see the blind spot immediatly behind me the spot where rear mirrors cannot cover also if someone tailgates me (ie driving to close) i can read there REG no and if need be phone traffic police with details without the driver behind been aware. and of course when i want to reverse i just switch my lights on. if i want to switch off whilst traveling at night !!!! since i have it connected through my cigarette lighter i just unplug it. i hope this is of interest to someone. jt

We have been looking at these on Ebay but they are asking £62 can I ask where you got yours.

Thanks Joyce

kex66

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
I'd be afraid a Chinese sat nav/ reversing camera would send me the wong way......................sorry, I'll get me coat........::bigsmile:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I tried connecting my existing reversing camera to the satnav using the av input. It showed the image ok but didnot switch back to the satnav when the camera turned off it just stayed frozen on the last image.

Switching the satnav power off and on did not make any difference. As long as the camera was plugged in, even with the camera turned off the unit only showed the last image and I could find no way of exiting the display to get back to satnav. Only unplug the camera lead.

So not very successful.

Lunarman

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.

Just a thought. The camera itself contains a number of LEDs. If you have it on at night, your showing a white light to the rear. If you unplug it, the GPS wont work. If you wire and switch the supply, you will have to hard wire it from the cab.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Just a thought. The camera itself contains a number of LEDs. If you have it on at night, your showing a white light to the rear. If you unplug it, the GPS wont work. If you wire and switch the supply, you will have to hard wire it from the cab.

The LEDS will be red :winky:
Any one got any links to sat nav and a wired camera ? also I remember seeing a rear view mirror sat nav and camera but cannot find them now :Doh: again if anyone has a link ? much appreciated :winky:
terry

jaytee74

Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007

We have been looking at these on Ebay but they are asking £62 can I ask where you got yours.

Thanks Joyce

Broken Link Removed price is quoted as £50.90 but they were a little slow in posting so they gave me £2.00 discount. brilliant firm to deal with. jt

jaytee74

Free Member
Dec 5, 2013
durham uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt swift royale
Exp
since2007

hi tootles i thought that but it does not happen as i use wireless connection so camera and sender are connected to rear lights independent of screen. Screen and receiver are connected to cigarette lighter on dash thus independent of camera. Everything works via wireless have clean clear picture 95% of the time but do experience occasional interference from overhead telephone or electric cables but have eliminated some of this problem by extending ariels both on sender unit and receiver unit. If there had been an issue with white light from LEDs im sure a little bit of my good ladies waterproof nail polish could have dealt with it although the site of her clinging onto the tow bar with one hand whilst shielding the LEDs with her red nail polished other hand whilst wearing roller skates would be a sight to behold/ pps in case of confusion my GPS and reverse camera are totally independent unit( NOT COMBINED) hope that clears things.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back