LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Driving to Telford to see a motorhome and all hell falls out of the sky! Thunder lighting, hail, high winds and many many numpties driving without lights on, with fog lights on, at high speed, grrrrrrr :Doh::Doh:

We decided to go in our van to give it a drive out, so we are getting a right battering by the wind. I hope this new van is worth it!

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
Driving to Telford to see a motorhome and all hell falls out of the sky! [HI]Thunder lighting, hail, high winds[/HI] and many many numpties driving without lights on, with fog lights on, at high speed, grrrrrrr :Doh::Doh:

We decided to go in our van to give it a drive out, so we are getting a right battering by the wind. I hope this new van is worth it!

Never ignore the omens!

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
Driving to Telford to see a motorhome and all hell falls out of the sky! Thunder lighting, hail, high winds and many many numpties driving without lights on, with fog lights on, at high speed, grrrrrrr :Doh::Doh:

Glad its brightened now. Over on RVOC someone posted earlier they witnessed a roof in Manchester being ripped from a garage in the winds :Sad:

It never ceases to amaze me how many drivers seem to think their lights are only for seeing by - not a vital function allowing them to be seen :Doh::Doh::Doh:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
My pet peeve is drivers who think that switching on their parking lights is adequate.
Most are dimmer than NAAFI candles and useless for any purpose except their intended one -illuminating a parked vehicle.
Maybe the drivers think that they are saving their batteries somehow. Or maybe they are just as dim as their lights.

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Lightning

It was a lovely bright and sunny morning. Went out for good walk. In the kitchen about 2.30 this afternoon and the storm whipped up. Hail, wind, thunder and lightning. Heard a big crash and tiles falling of the roof onto drive. Luckily missed the car. Once it had calmed enough to step outside found that 6 houses in the street had been hit by what we think was a lightning strike as it just ripped along taking the ridge tiles off the roofs and also left a hole in ours. Could have been worse. Thank God no one was standing on the drives when it happened.:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SharonL

Free Member
Apr 14, 2013
Rossendale
Funster No
MH
Him RV - me Bongo!
Exp
Just starting
It was a lovely bright and sunny morning. Went out for good walk. In the kitchen about 2.30 this afternoon and the storm whipped up. Hail, wind, thunder and lightning. Heard a big crash and tiles falling of the roof onto drive. Luckily missed the car. Once it had calmed enough to step outside found that 6 houses in the street had been hit by what we think was a lightning strike as it just ripped along taking the ridge tiles off the roofs and also left a hole in ours. Could have been worse. Thank God no one was standing on the drives when it happened.:Eeek:

Goodness me, that was unlucky and lucky at the same time. Hope you get your roof repaired soon

OP
OP
Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011

Cricky, poor you, what a pain. There was certainly a spectacular lightening display while we were driving up the M6. Not just sky to ground, it was forking out at all angles.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
many many numpties driving without lights on, with fog lights on, at high speed, grrrrrrr :Doh::Doh:

!

It never ceases to amaze me how many drivers seem to think their lights are only for seeing by - not a vital function allowing them to be seen :Doh::Doh::Doh:

A couple of my favourite gripes, what about these for afters

Driving with parking lights on after dark, usually one not working, including motorways, I do blame the car makers for fitting such ridiculous lights

Flat bed recovery lorries with vehicles safely tucked up on board driving with loads of dazzling orange lights flashing

What do you think to a law change on high intensity lights, when in use the vehicle can not exceed 50mph, (fitted speed limiter) after all they are being used while driving in bad conditions!! Watch all BM.s and Audis having theirs disconnected!!

And finally (for now) I wonder how many drivers realise that when driving with auto lights activated and the fancy new led dazzlers on the front, that they have no rear lights on at the same time, whose idea was that

I am glad you got back safely and you Brian

David

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back