Knutsford
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2013
Hello :Smile:
New here, and enjoying looking around.

Will I be ok taking the MH's 2 x 6kg propane bottles on the Eurotunnel? I've read their website and think it's ok, but just want a sanity check.

Thanks
Paul

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Yes, you can take your bottles on Eurotunnel but make sure they are switched off before boarding as Eurotunnel Staff will check.

But you cannot take any type of gas powered vehicle on Eurotunnel.

:france::france::france:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Steve304

Free Member
Nov 29, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 Years (12000 Miles)
Hello :Smile:
New here, and enjoying looking around.

Will I be ok taking the MH's 2 x 6kg propane bottles on the Eurotunnel? I've read their website and think it's ok, but just want a sanity check.

Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes:thumb:, you will be okay travelling via the Eurotunnel with your propane bottles. Prior to boarding, they sometimes do a check to make sure that you have turned the bottles off (which you should always do while travelling anyway).

We travelled last year and the bottles were only checked on the outward journey, so you shouldn't have any problems. I think the 'no propane policy' is really aimed at bottles kept elsewhere in your MH, apart from the proper storage locker, and, LPG converted vehicles which are definitely not allowed.

Steve

Upvote 0

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
We use the tunnel regularly and have had our gas checked every time we travel at both ends just before boarding.
Ours is an inboard gas tank and they just check to see if the taps are turned off. Generally, on the French side they take my word for it when they see the two dogs looking at them and I tell them the gas taps are inside!
Allan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back