Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
There must be a load of Funsters in Spain by now so how is satellite TV reception?

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Same as it has been for years - all depends where you are in Spain, what sized dish you are using, what channels you want, and what satellite and beam they are on...
where I am, you can get some channel on a 60cm dish (those on 2a south beam) but those on the 2a north beam you need a min of a 1.8m dish
But then a lot is happening, and by the end on January, the seconds of three new astra satellite will be in place, and by mid February it is possible that reception for many bbc itv c4 channels will change- again depending where you are in Spain.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
We haven't bothered with the TV, much, much, nicer. We are having a ball! The TV as far as we're concerned, is not a necessity anymore. Thought of a satellite, but, realised we do not want one.

Craig

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
We [HI]haven't bothered[/HI] with the TV, much, much, nicer. We are having a ball! The TV as far as we're concerned, is [HI]not a necessity[/HI] anymore. Thought of a satellite, but, realised we [HI]do not want one[/HI].

Craig

haven't bothered - not a necessity - do not want one

My God simsy, if ever my missus gets her hands on you, you'll be dead meat.

........now go and wash your mouth out.....(she says)

If she couldn't worship the great god 'flatscreen' she'd waste away....:Doh:

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
There must be a load of Funsters in Spain by now so how is satellite TV reception?

We have a basic Sky subscription and have for years.
We have a 1.1meter dish that a friend kindly stores for me down here.
At La Merced, Calpe- about 10 miles north of Benidorm ALL channels recieved.
Now, down near Totana/Mazarron, we have no BBC or ITV channels but do have most Discovery channels...............which is plenty good enough for us as we dont watch soaps..............AT ALL !:winky:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
haven't bothered - not a necessity - do not want one

My God simsy, if ever my missus gets her hands on you, you'll be dead meat.

........now go and wash your mouth out.....(she says)

If she couldn't worship the great god 'flatscreen' she'd waste away....:Doh:

Tell her she does not need TV. It's $hite, repeated $hite, and utter $hite. We can do without one, thanks.

Craig

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
TV Spain

Hi we are currently in Cabo deGata can't lock on to the usual Astra sats.We have a sat dome with the large dish about all we can get in English is Sky News international.we are using the digital aerial at least we can get Paramount film channel and Nitro both in English.Still with the sun shining it doesn't really matter

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Hi we are currently in Cabo deGata can't lock on to the usual Astra sats.We have a sat dome with the large dish about all we can get in English is Sky News international.we are using the digital aerial at least we can get Paramount film channel and Nitro both in English.Still with the sun shining it doesn't really matter

Which site you on...? Love it there. BUSBY::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back