where to overnight at dover (1 Viewer)

S

sqweaka

Deleted User
lost my past thread i had posted requesting this info. could someone please remind my where we can park up safely for the night waiting for our morning ferry crossing
somwhere quite with a sea view maybe :ROFLMAO:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Squeaka

Marine Parade is the location you are looking for, just be wary of the parking regulations. Parking is free at night between 6pm and 8am I think.

OP
OP
S

sqweaka

Deleted User
Hi Squeaka

Marine Parade is the location you are looking for, just be wary of the parking regulations. Parking is free at night between 6pm and 8am I think.

thanks, what kind of regulations are there? is there plenty room or do we need to get there early?

ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
thanks, what kind of regulations are there? is there plenty room or do we need to get there early?

ian

Hi Ian,

The road Brian is referring to is at to: 51.124078,1.318531 - Google Maps there are parking meters but I don't think the charges start until 08.00 hrs or it could be 09.00 hrs. There is free blue badge parking though.

There's usually plenty of room.

Don

Don

Mark breen

Free Member
Oct 27, 2007
Funster No
lost my past thread i had posted requesting this info. could someone please remind my where we can park up safely for the night waiting for our morning ferry crossing

Why would you?
Simply go to you ferry terminal and get in line.
They will only charge you a fiver to get on the next ferry.
Regards Mark.
:thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Why would you?
Simply go to you ferry terminal and get in line.
They will only charge you a fiver to get on the next ferry.
Regards Mark.

Done it many times but never got charged. :thumb:

We always travel in the evening & park on the Ticket office car park in Calais for that night. Then up early and away. ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
S

sqweaka

Deleted User
Done it many times but never got charged. :thumb:

We always travel in the evening & park on the Ticket office car park in Calais for that night. Then up early and away. ::bigsmile:

ive booked the ferry for a 9am sailing are you saying if there is a sailing late on the night before we will be aloud to use that if there is space?

Mark breen

Free Member
Oct 27, 2007
Funster No
ive booked the ferry for a 9am sailing are you saying if there is a sailing late on the night before we will be aloud to use that if there is space?

Yes thats what I am saying.
Always book the cheapest and go when you arrive but make sure that your NOT late.

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back