Adam b

Free Member
Jul 3, 2013
South queensferry
Funster No
MH
Auto cruise carrera4
Exp
Planning a trip to france around the end of May, we have been checking the ferry prices Hull to Zeebruge, Is it best to book early or leave it until a few weeks before we go ?

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Planning a trip to france around the end of May, we have been checking the ferry prices Hull to Zeebruge, Is it best to book early or leave it until a few weeks before we go ?

Just booked our Hull to Zee for next September. Got it for £240 return with a cabin
and 8.5 metre motorhome. Be quick they don't keep them cheap for long.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Were going over (for the first time!) straight after the Summer show in Kent, so first 2 weeks in June.
Have done some pricing up of Dover Calais ferries, and is cheapest through the caravan club. (cheapest is around £120 return for us on that route, 8.2m plus bike rack and dog)
I guess your route will also work out cheapest though the clubs.
However, I am told the ferry companys dish out additional discount codes at the NEC show next month - so will wait till we see what they have to offer:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Adam b

Adam b

Free Member
Jul 3, 2013
South queensferry
Funster No
MH
Auto cruise carrera4
Exp
Just booked our Hull to Zee for next September. Got it for £240 return with a cabin

That's cheaper than anything I have seen , who did you book with ?

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years

I don't know about this route but generally the earlier you book, the cheaper it is. Have you looked at the price from Dover to France? I would prefer more time on the road than on the sea unless the on-board entertainment etc is part of your holiday. It would also be around £200 cheaper (including the extra fuel to the south coast).

This is what I meant to post before I was distracted. I've seen that several others posts have been added - some with really good prices so the £ saving is much less.

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hull Zeebrugge mid Feb £325.00 including 7 nights camping cheques booked through caravan club.

Martin

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Did you ever double check that price? I can't get anywhere near it!

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi- I know it sounds crazy but if you are booking through the Caravan Club put 7 Canping Cheques in your basket first before the Ferry booking, that way you get their ITX rate fares which are usually cheaper.
Sue

francour

Free Member
Mar 13, 2012
Pontefract
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1990
ferries

Hi all booked today DFDS DOVER CALAIS RETURN may june £94 economy 7metres Thanks Bernie:Cool:

peter125

Free Member
Nov 26, 2012
cardiff south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 1982
dover calias

just booked end may return end april dfds £88.20. tunnel £141 thro caravan club 8.5 m x 3.5, 2 adults :thumb::thumb::thumb:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
The ferry prices change by the hour according to availability, so I always book our crossings for the year in January. You can save a bit by taking crossings at unsocial hours too.

Best deal I could find for advance booking of Dover-Calais returns around Easter and Autumn was with P&O via the jolly happy clappy friendly caravan and camping club, but you have to offset the annual membership fee against any ferry discount they give you. However, membership entitles you to a Camping Card International which can be used for discount on quite a few foreign sites, and substitutes for a passport when the reception needs ID.

MyFerry (ex SeaFrance) and the Chunnel were both more expensive at the time I booked.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
just booked end may return end april dfds £88.20. tunnel £141 thro caravan club 8.5 m x 3.5, 2 adults :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Tesco travel vouchers with a face value of £45 equal 3 times that with Eurotunnel (£135) so we only had to pay an extra few pounds for a return Eurotunnel crossing, going out June mid-week and return July mid-week, at sensible times! :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back