Data sim with 1gb data for free anyone? (1 Viewer)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
After buying my Huawei mifi unit, I've been looking around for a good deal on a data sim.. We tried GiffGaff and Samba, then came across Ovivo..
There's an upfront charge of £20 but you get £15 of that back as credit to your account and 1gb of data free every month. There are other plans that cost you money, but they are good deals too.
Worth a look, just google Ovivo. Or, pm me for my Ovivo number and when you sign up via a referral, I get £5 credit! :thanks2:

It's a good deal, whatever you do.

Allan

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We've recommended these a few times when people don't want to pay anything for their mobile broadband. Better than Samba in my opinion because you get 1Gb per month without having to watch adverts, with Ovivo they are inserted into your browsing experience so they should be less obtrusive.

It is on the Vodafone network, so check for coverage.

Some positive feedback on Hot Uk Deals:
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ovi...w-1gb-data-for-0-month-20-one-off-for-1756393

Some info from their website:
http://www.ovivomobile.com/how-it-works/

Great for the UK, but don't take it abroad - there is nothing special about their roaming prices :)

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
We've recommended these a few times when people don't want to pay anything for their mobile broadband. Better than Samba in my opinion because you get 1Gb per month without having to watch adverts, with Ovivo they are inserted into your browsing experience so they should be less obtrusive.

[HI]It is on the Vodafone network[/HI], so check for coverage.

Some positive feedback on Hot Uk Deals:
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/ovi...w-1gb-data-for-0-month-20-one-off-for-1756393

Some info from their website:
http://www.ovivomobile.com/how-it-works/

Great for the UK, but don't take it abroad - there is nothing special about their roaming prices :)

Therein lies the problem.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
It will just be used here. I just bought a Fonera which will mean I can use Fon hotspots abroad. We aren't big internet users in the van, so as long as we can get online a few times a week, that's fine. If all else fails, I can use my 3 phone for data use.
Allan

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Both my wife and I have the Ovivo phone sim. Same price £20 which includes £15 credit. The phone one gives you 200 minutes of calls, far more texts than we would ever use, 300 I think, and half a gig of data all per calender month. It is also on the Vodaphone network and works well for us. Basically free mobile phone for us forever. As long as they stay in business. :Cool:

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
It will just be used here. I just bought a Fonera which will mean I can use Fon hotspots abroad.

Are there many Fon hotspots abroad? I am thinking of getting a Fon router to act as a range extender to my existing one, but I have heard they are few and far between in France and Spain. I know there are lots in UK, because of their tie up with BT.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Both my wife and I have the Ovivo phone sim. Same price £20 which includes £15 credit. The phone one gives you 200 minutes of calls, far more texts than we would ever use, 300 I think, and half a gig of data all per calender month. It is also on the Vodaphone network and works well for us. Basically free mobile phone for us forever. As long as they stay in business. :Cool:

Yes we've gone over to them on our phones and tablet. Excellent signal, very good UK call centres, free calls/texts/data. Sounded too good to be true but it is'nt. Can't fault them.:thumb:

Wyn

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Are there many Fon hotspots abroad? I am thinking of getting a Fon router to act as a range extender to my existing one, but I have heard they are few and far between in France and Spain. I know there are lots in UK, because of their tie up with BT.

Spain, there are hardly any.

From August last year there are as many in France as in the UK. Every French resident who gets their home broadband from SFR and is using their SFR branded router is broadcasting a FON hotspot. Of course you won't always be able to get one in your van even with a WiFI booster from the aires, but we had a lot of positive feedback with regards to France especially.

See the FON Map: http://maps.fon.com/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back