Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
http://www.cashincaravan.co.uk/quote.php

Has anyone ever used these kind of people to get valuations on their motorhomes, please? I am wary that you have to give full name and address and they contact you by phone ... feel a bit of a strong sales pitch coming up.... How have you valued your motorhomes when putting them on the private market?

Sorry if daft question.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi Joy,

I think that others will confirm this but at best all they will offer is a low trade in price equivalent; not good value.

When I was looking to sell my last van I did a trawl of the same model on as many places as I could so I knew what the retail value was and armed with that managed to get a good trade in deal. The original intention was to sell privately but in the end I didn't need to.

Best of luck - I am sure that others can offer better advice but I hope it helps a little.

Edit - not a daft question at all!!

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Your motorhome is only worth what someone is willing to pay. That could vary depending on the time of year, how other private sellers value their motorhomes for sale and how much similar vehicles are listed for on dealers forecourts.

Use eBay and Autotrader as a rough guide and then pick a price at least 10% less than a dealer but perhaps a bit more or less than similar private vehicles depending on the spec.

A clean, depersonalised van in a neutral setting with a well structured specification, list of options, service history and so forth will always sell well in my experience.

What Burstner have you got?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Towards the end of last year we invited a firm called "buymymotorhome.com", I filled out the on-line question sheet and they contacted me about 4 days later by 'phone.

The lady gave me a price, which was well below market plice, but she explained that if we wanted it sold straight away they would put the cash in my account and then arrange for someone to collect the vehicle, no restrictions and they would take it unseen, however

She also explained that I could place it with them for sale on my behalf, the vehicle would stay with me and I would be expected to oversee anyone who wanted to view it. They would charge me 10% for that service. The vehicle would not leave me until the buyers monies were in my account and cleared.

We only did this as an exercise and did not sell the vehicle or even put it on the market.

http://buymymotorhome.com/

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
what do you want to know the value for unless your giving up or changing the van.

If you are happy with the van why change, better the one you know than the one you dont!

Peter

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Giving up motorhoming, Peter ..:cry:. Circumstances prevail which make it impossible for me to continue.... Very sad about it but life goes on. . Have made some brilliant friends whilst motorhoming and it has been a lifeline to me over the last five or six years.

The Burstner is quite new to me, about six months, so it won't be as heartwrenching as when I swapped my last one for it..... but will still miss it.

Amazed at the difference in prices with the dealers ..... I guess it will partly be whether I drop lucky or not. At the moment struggling anyway as waiting on the dealer to come back and answer e-mails about a faulty part. Havn't been able to drive it since before New Year.

Seem to get different advice too about the fault which doesn't help.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Joy, you cannot give up... apart from the fact that we will all miss you dreadfully, you promised to give me line dancing lessons at Malvern!! :cry::cry::cry:

Catherine

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Catherine, I will find a way to give you line dancing lessons... You are one of the lovely people I class as a new friend brought about by my motorhome.

Anyway, good news ..... Timberland have replied to my mail and phoned today to say that the faulty part is in the post so hopefully my van will be back to fully functional again shortly. With all the probs I have at the moment it will be nice to have something go right.:thumb: I can't wait to sit behind the wheel, turn the key and hear that lovely sound of the engine revving up....:thumb:

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Giving up motorhoming, Peter ..:cry:. Circumstances prevail which make it impossible for me to continue.... Very sad about it but life goes on. . Have made some brilliant friends whilst motorhoming and it has been a lifeline to me over the last five or six years.

The Burstner is quite new to me, about six months, so it won't be as heartwrenching as when I swapped my last one for it..... but will still miss it.

Amazed at the difference in prices with the dealers ..... I guess it will partly be whether I drop lucky or not. At the moment struggling anyway as waiting on the dealer to come back and answer e-mails about a faulty part. Havn't been able to drive it since before New Year.

Seem to get different advice too about the fault which doesn't help.

NO don't do it. You cannot give up, you love the motor homing life, even if you cannot get away so much at the moment. I am sure that just owning the van is one of the things that is keeping you sane.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Joy, It will be a shame if do decide to sell , (as we did many years ago due to finance at the time,tried other hols but came back after 3 years in the wilderness now 24 yrs later wouldn't be without one)
It was nice to have met you at Shrewsbury show ( you were our lovely neighbour ) we will miss you.
Ann & Terry (FIDGET) & ASBO Emily our cocker

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:roflmto: '''ASBO Emily our cocker ''' How lovely you have given adorable Emily an Asbo....:roflmto: I have sent her a message to say if she wants to leave home she can live with me.

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Hi Joy

We respect whatever your decision is regarding your motor home and hope to keep in touch. Should you decide to sell you we will miss you at meets as you are always very much fun to be with.

Kind regards

Kath and Howie

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
http://www.cashincaravan.co.uk/quote.php

Has anyone ever used these kind of people to get valuations on their motorhomes, please? I am wary that you have to give full name and address and they contact you by phone ... feel a bit of a strong sales pitch coming up.... How have you valued your motorhomes when putting them on the private market?

Sorry if daft question.
When we were looking to sell ours last year, I trawled through eBay to work out the average price paid. Then, when we went to trade it in, we had a clearer picture of what to expect.
As it happens, we were offered more than the "figure I had in me head", and managed to beat them down £2K on the price of the new wagon ... so walked away a very happy fella. :thumb:

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Yes, thank you for that. I had actually seen it when looking for a direction on price and for a moment thought it was mine..... then noticed it had the solar panel on it,, I had to have a solar panel put on.. I did think after though that maybe I had paid over the odds. :Sad:

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Oh Joy, this is such sad news :cry:

I am sure that this is a decision you have not taken lightly. What a pity :Sad:

Jessie and I will really miss you at meets, some of the sparkle will be gone.

Keep in touch

xxxxx

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Nothing written in stone Jane.... please don't all say goodbye to me you are making me sad..... something might turn up with the caring .. Social worker coming on Monday morning..... doctor coming too.

I just wanted to know where to go to sell if it comes to it and what to ask. I have had two offers from the ads I have put locally but they are very low ... or maybe they arn't .. as said .. it looks like I may have paid over the odds.:Sad: One of my lovely Motorhome fun friends has offered a place at theirs for mum to stay with me and have care til I am up and about ... so it is not all doom and gloom.

Big hugs to Jess from Aunty Joy ... hope her dreadlocks are growing again. xx:Smile:

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Tonka, Thank you for that. Not very good with Facebook but it is worth a try.

As I said above, it isn't a definite yet, or should I say, any more.. .... loads of people saying it is a bad idea ... as the situation at home as a carer could change in a flash and also that even in the present it is my only lifeline to normality. They have a good point. That is what has been so good about Motorhomefun .. genuine caring responses if anyone has a problem.

.... I didn't come on to say I was selling .. I just wanted to know how to get the best idea of a valuation really..... Looking at some of the same vans for sale by Googling, I was feeling a bit low that I seem to have paid too much and that would mean making a loss on a sale. I cannot do that.. I have lost too much money in the past that way.. but Peter sussed.:RollEyes:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back