Vechline Inverter Problem Help Needed please!!! (1 Viewer)

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Guys,

I have copied this from Freespirit's cheeky post (although can't deny it's true!!!) which he posted in the Morocco 2014 thread as it's a techie question and I suspect won't been seen, Thanks Pinkie!

Pinkie - Inverter problem
Hi all - I had a look at Pinkie's loss of 240v AC sockets today. She has a Vechline Power Convertisseur de Tension 1000w unit fitted which is tripped out with red and no visible reset button.

Dieboy and myself have tried to find a user manual on the web but nothing other than a site wanting to charge 39euro for one.

The unit has a USB port along side the control switch and alarm lamp which I suspect is for a computer reset ??

If anyone has a similar unit or can find a manual Pinkie would be grateful for assistance.

I have tried disconnecting the 12 v supply and reconnecting as in reboot with the output socket disconnected but that didn't work. The unit may well be duff - however the manual should when found shed further light ?? The input voltage is fine at 12.5v - trips at - 10.5v we did discover on line.

Pinkie has asked me to post this on her behalf as her expertise is really more on Prada handbags - lol.

Many thanks.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
as there is no visible reset button it may have an automatic thermal reset which would trigger if it was overloaded.

Only two reasons to trip....under voltage or overload.

If overload is the case the thermal reset may have gone mammaries up.

There MAY be a fuse inside the casing...worth disconnecting from battery and taking the cover off for a butchers.

DISCONNECT BATTERY FIRST.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
DISCONNECT BATTERY FIRST.[/B][/QUOTE]

Spoilsport :ROFLMAO: still saved a name change from Pinkie to Brownie:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Okay "funnyguys"...................

What does it all mean to a blonde that knows more about prada handbags than inverters...........

all the others are leaving me early tomorrow morning, can you give me a step by step guide for blondes that like prada handbags, I can get the cover off and see a fuse I should think, but any other tips here............we are desperate to charge phones/laptops!

Thank you!

Pinkie

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
wet fingers stand with feet in bucket of water stick fingers 1 in live 2nd in neutral this will tell you if it is working:ROFLMAO:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Maybe made and sold under another makers name?

A lot of companies just buy this sort of stuff in and stick their own label on it.

Have you tried a search in Images?

You might find another seller who includes a manual you can download.

Or else post a picture of it and see if anybody recognises it.

:thumb::thumb:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I dont know inverters, but I do know safty, if you dont know what your doing with electric DONT do it.

If as PJ says its got a themo switch off because it was hot (inside),

it would have cooled overnight ( presuming you had not been drawing power through it)

So if it dont work this morning, disconect from battery end , and buy a new one, you can see if its fixable back home.

OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
I dont know inverters, but I do know safty, if you dont know what your doing with electric DONT do it.

If as PJ says its got a themo switch off because it was hot (inside),

it would have cooled overnight ( presuming you had not been drawing power through it)

So if it dont work this morning, disconect from battery end , and buy a new one, you can see if its fixable back home.

Hi, That's helpful actually.

Freespirit is an engineer so can look at most things but he's gone and thinks he can look it up at home and let me know, but of course you are right - I won't even bother worrying about this. We've been travelling without electric sockets all this time so may as well continue for another 3 weeks.

I should add, the inverter has never worked whilst I have had the van, so it's not a case of me overloading the system.

Thanks.

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
Forget about the inverter and have it wired locally to bypass it with a basic mains trip setup.

That way you will be able to use your 230v sockets safely without any problem when you are plugged in.

There may already be a cut-out device fitted before the inverter, which would make by-passing the inverter simplicity itself.

Get a local electrician to sort the by-passing out, it will be such a simple job.

I think that without photos of the inverter and the incoming mains electricity set-up it's difficult for anyone to give advice at a distance.

Good luck

OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Freespirit actually took a photo of it so as he arrives home tonight he may well read this and post the photo tomorrow.

In the meantime, i'm not going to bother trying to sort out here, I shall just get it rewired when I get home as I want new lights etc as well. After the hassle with the respray, I'm not filled with confidence about Moroccan electricians!!! Bad enough in UK!

Thanks! :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, That's helpful actually.

Freespirit is an engineer so can look at most things but he's gone and thinks he can look it up at home and let me know, but of course you are right - I won't even bother worrying about this. We've been travelling without electric sockets all this time so may as well continue for another 3 weeks.

[HI]I should add, the inverter has never worked whilst I have had the van, [/HI]so it's not a case of me overloading the system.

Thanks.

now she tells us :Doh:

Probably not even connected :RollEyes:

OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Thanks papajohn, but you are so wrongo!!!

Its connected, but being blonde and can only do basic household electrics such as extending sockets and basic rewiring, car stuff too techie for me, my brain glazes over.....

Come on freespirit, explain it again to these people!!!!

Pinkie :winky:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Techie stuff!!!

Its connected, but being blonde and can only do basic household electrics such as extending sockets and basic rewiring, car stuff too techie for me, my brain glazes over.....

Pinkie

Everybody who is normal their brain glazes over :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

sorry, it was meant tongue in cheek...maybe needed more smilies :RollEyes:

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
Pinkie - Inverter problem.

Guys - please carefully read what I have stated in Pinkie's first post here - and yes I will post the photo of the inverter tomorrow and will try and find the manual on line.

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Pinkie's Inverter - photo!

Guys - photo of the inverter name plate.

Attachments

• Inverter - photo.jpg
    Inverter - photo.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 55
Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years
So if the MH is connected to a 230v HU the 230v sockets and power operate? I read it as there was no 230v in the MH at all as somehow it was only via a faulty/disconnected inverter, my mistake.

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i had a feeling the USB port was for charging and not for programming/resetting the inverter.

That would be too complicated for what is a relatively cheap inverter

5v USB output, 500 Ma

best thing is remove it and fit a new one.

<<HERE>>

durhamahoy

Free Member
Jun 11, 2012
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
in case this is a serious question.....

An inverter is an electronic gadget which converts 12v dc battery power into 230v ac mains power enabling you to use mains powered appliances while not on hookup.

Pappajohn, thank you it was a serious question. I learnt a long time ago electricity KILLS, water you get wet. I really do have minimal electrical knowledge, my skills lie elsewhere.

Cheers
Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back