Elegance i821, 2005, gob full o' bad teeth! (1 Viewer)

jackrussel

Free Member
Jul 8, 2012
south cheshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance i821
Exp
nada
Haha. No, it's the front appearance, on this model that makes it look like the above, as it has no grille panel behind the 2 chrome bars. This allows a view right in to the radiator, which IMHO is butt ugly, an eyesore. Has anyone come across a grille fixture available as an accessory, or adapted one from something else, that can help hide this ugly vista? I know I can buy alloy mesh from the likes of ebay, but it's a bit chavvy, as the boy racers use it, and there is now some in grey or black ABS, at a price, as it comes from Latvia! Any ideas welcome, and anyone think as I do about this? To say these left the factory like this defies belief, but they did. This also applies to the i691, 591, and similar models and years. What think ye? Me no likey!! (as shown on someone elses' 691, note the upper chrome strip is missing too, but you get the idea, eh?)

Attachments

• $T2eC16FHJIQE9qUHri6NBRf6yPZ)6g~~_1.jpg
    $T2eC16FHJIQE9qUHri6NBRf6yPZ)6g~~_1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I think that when you are worried about the look of your radiator you are missing the whole point of it.

[HI]You can't see the radiator from the driver's seat[/HI].

You can if you use a periscope.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
anyone think as I do about this?

In a word, 'No'. :wub: Please refer to the picture below:

Broken Link Removed

The area you are referring to is, in fact, the Burstner's nose - and the double chrome strips give it a rather dashing moustache effect, a la David Niven. ::bigsmile:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
The area you are referring to is, in fact, the Burstner's nose - and the double chrome strips give it a rather dashing moustache effect, a la David Niven. ::bigsmile:

Bit of lippy on the bumper, nose-ring on the grille, false eyelashes on the headlamps. Sorted. ::bigsmile:

David Niven with lipstick, a nose-ring and false eyelashes is just....so....wrong :Eeek:

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Couple of old washing up bottles and some sticky backed plastic should do the trick!

My Pug has a nice aluminium radiator behind the grill :Cool:

Allan

OP
OP
jackrussel

jackrussel

Free Member
Jul 8, 2012
south cheshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance i821
Exp
nada
Maybe I'll just spray the rad black....if I make summat up as a grille, I'll post on here, but will be a while yet. Unless I take an idea from shiftzz, and send it to Brazil for cosmetic surgery? Well, you never know.....Achtung, babies!

OP
OP
jackrussel

jackrussel

Free Member
Jul 8, 2012
south cheshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance i821
Exp
nada
using a grill in front of the rad will reduce airflow...
Won't harm the airflow to a critcal degree, see most cars on the road today. Found mesh with a size of holes 35mm. But post from Latvia (Latvia!!) is almost as much as the mesh. Can't believe we don't have a domestic source of supply. Oh, wait... 'we don't mek owt in this country any more' (Fred Dibnah; and he's right!..que expected rants re that, lol :cry:

OP
OP
jackrussel

jackrussel

Free Member
Jul 8, 2012
south cheshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance i821
Exp
nada
Water jetting,,laser cutting. Never thought! And being a bit of a nodel engineer too. Shame. Opens up possibilities for 'artistic content' too. (not truckers semi reclining naked bints, tho'!)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It's an f********g pig ugly motorhome not a submarine.

I resent that ... pigs are NOT ugly!

Attachments

• piglet.jpg
    piglet.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 5
  • tutu.jpg
    tutu.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 6
  • piglets.jpg
    piglets.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 4