Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Hi all, Ive been looking for a porch awning for a while now. Im looking for something cheap and cheerful purely to let the dogs into when i open the door.They are a lively pair and its always a race to get out. Im looking for something 2000mm wide of which I've found quite a few.What I'm struggling with is the rail height.i need something with a rail height of 2600mm and all i can find only achieve 2500mm. Any suggestions would be great.

OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
hi we use one of these in the winter months;

Broken Link Removed

Phil this is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for.I did look at the Kampa rally but the one i saw only fitted rail heights up to 2500mm. Thanks a lot for posting.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
Unfortunately this one has repairs on it :Sad:

Jan 16, 2014
Harleston, Harleston, Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class, Autotrail Scout
Exp
Oct, 2013
So what's the difference between a caravan awning and a MH one?
Apart from the price (I see that MH ones are almost three times the cost). If there is a difference can the caravan awning be modified.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Apart from the price (I see that MH ones are almost three times the cost). If there is a difference can the caravan awning be modified.

yep the awning groove on a motorhome is a smaller fit than on a caravan. that is if its in the end of the wind out awning. some fit a caravan awning rail below the wind out ; if you have room ( we dont )

you could also add a caravan awning bead to the awning ( if you have the machine to do it )

Last edited:
OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years

This is what I'm trying to work out,i think they can all be fitted to MH one way or another.The thing I'm struggling with is the rail height which seems to be limiting my choices.The one on ebay is an ex display and says it has a repair and dusty.I know i wouldn't be happy.:Doh:

I could always get shot of the dogs i suppose.

Last edited:

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Porch Awning

Hi Daveo2006,
I too use a Kampa Rallye porch, the 330 Pro, which just fits my Autotrail Apache high line.
These porches are compatible with either caravan or motorhome. Mine was in fact purchased and used on my caravan. I kept hold of the awning when I sold the caravan, intending to sell it on. However, when I bought the motorhome which has a 4 mtr Omnistore windout awning attached, I tried the Kampa on it and found it fits okay (just), it has the ladder type pegging system that is quite forgiving, the inner mud flaps make up the difference with a little left to tuck under the carpet.
Apparently, the Omnistore awning has the same diameter channel in the base as a standard caravan awning rail, I think its around 7 to 8 mm whereas the Fiamma F45 wind out awnings have a smaller diameter channel about 5 or 6 mm, so the standard awning tape will not fit, however, there is an adapter available. I will try to find a link to it and post.
However, I can say that the Kampa Rallye Pro is a very good, sturdy awning that takes only a few minutes to erect. Hope this helps

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
If you phone Matt, Dan or Nick on 01-580-883062 and have a chat to them, they will be able to supply what you need with Funsters Discount:thumb:

We have many types of awnings etc Delivery is free over £150 as well

Peter

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi - if you only want something for the dogs then I may have something suitable! :Smile:

We used a Quest Base Camp Panorama XL porch awning last March at the Newark motorhome show in the snow, ice and extremely gusty wind and it stood up to it perfectly! :thumb: We bought it second hand but it had not had much used at all so was in very good condition. As you can see from the photos below it wasn't standing totally straight as it is really a bit too tall for our camper's Fiamma awning rail especially once we put the 'attachment strip on which made the 'height' even greater but nonetheless it did a good job for us.

We 'serendipitously' found another second hand one which is a bit lower so we bought that to replace the Quest, if not we'd quite happily still be using it. :RollEyes:

Therefore as we've now got this other one which fits our camper better, the Quest is going up for sale.

Measurements: 200cm deep, 280cm wide and 240-255cm high - with the 'figure of 8' awning attachment kit it should take it up to 260cm high! :thumb:

Easy to put up and take down, with all panels zipping out totally if wanted.

PM me if interested. ::bigsmile:

Attachments

• Awning at Newark 1.JPG
    Awning at Newark 1.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 27
  • Awning at Newark 2.JPG
    Awning at Newark 2.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You can get driveaway awning attachment kits for less than the above (loads on eBay) but make sure you get one with 4mm & 6mm beading on the attachment strip, not 6mm & 6mm! :thumb:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Hi, just to clarify, the only difference is Dependant on whether you have an Omnistore wind out awning or a Fiamma. Standard caravan awning tape will fit straight into the Omnistore, you will need an adapter for it to fit the Fiamma

Link to the adapter kit,

http://campershop.co.uk/motorhome-a...r-fitting-to-fiamma-and-omnister-awnings.html
that's expensive for the adaptor kit, about £18 on ebay for exactly the same

Broken Link Removed

many dealers are out to make as big a profit as possible on accessories. there's a few that aren't though

OP
OP
Daveo2006

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
If you phone Matt, Dan or Nick on 01-580-883062 and have a chat to them, they will be able to supply what you need with Funsters Discount:thumb:

We have many types of awnings etc Delivery is free over £150 as well

Peter

I had a chat with the lads when i was over the other week Peter but was struggling with getting one at 2000mm - 2600mm to fit the rail height. They did say you will be getting lots of other stuff in shortly. Cheers

mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hi all, Ive been looking for a porch awning for a while now. Im looking for something cheap and cheerful purely to let the dogs into when i open the door.They are a lively pair and its always a race to get out. Im looking for something 2000mm wide of which I've found quite a few.What I'm struggling with is the rail height.i need something with a rail height of 2600mm and all i can find only achieve 2500mm. Any suggestions would be great.

Surely the answer is within your motorhome......that is, do you not mount your motorhome on levellers when on uneven pitches which in turn alters the height from the ground to your rail height..you just need 4 leveller's and you should be able to get around the height issue

Ollie33

Free Member
Apr 21, 2015
Northern ireland
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Exp
Thank you for your reply. I only had a quick set up in my driveway which is in a slight slope. I will give it a try on level ground. Once again thank you

Pllie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back