Brownhills Poor service or is it just me? (1 Viewer)

Terry49

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Lymm
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
I had problems with delivery of the vehicle, Autotrail Appache 700 in 2012, the vehicle is coming up to 2 years old so took it in for a list of jobs which I thought would be covered under warranty. I was told after the repairs were carried out, NOT COVERED and given a bill for £300+. Facia became "un-bonded" at the base of the microwave cupboard above the cooker, £75, Screws missing on door front cabinet beneath the TV the technician said MISSING FROM NEW, £58. Occasionally the engine battery was going flat after a short period of time, 2 days, (problem since new). leisure battery replaced at first service, problem persists so I had a solar panel fitted by an independent company (half the cost quoted by Brownhills) Fault diagnosed as "disconnected engine battery, light in cab stays on, fault due to solar panel, after market fixture £163. Took back to installer "no fault found" £60. Bed lats jamming. Repaired front bed lat. £38. Bed lats still jamming. Discussed before I drove off that the bed lats were still jamming and they had repaired the wrong thing. "would you like us to look at the problem again". NO I will take it somewhere else. Got a good deal on purchase and dreadful after sales service. Shop around and haggle Brownhills should be your last resort. TC

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
I think that you will find 90% of the larger groups are the same in many respects.
use the smaller more personal dealers and service centres and it is just that.... more personal.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Brownhills weren`t interested when I went there to buy my first motorhome, no go in my book, now Spinney who are one of the big ones I can heartily recommend.:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I had problems with delivery of the vehicle, Autotrail Appache 700 in 2012, the vehicle is coming up to 2 years old so took it in for a list of jobs which I thought would be covered under warranty. I was told after the repairs were carried out, NOT COVERED and given a bill for £300+. Facia became "un-bonded" at the base of the microwave cupboard above the cooker, £75, Screws missing on door front cabinet beneath the TV the technician said MISSING FROM NEW, £58. Occasionally the engine battery was going flat after a short period of time, 2 days, (problem since new). leisure battery replaced at first service, problem persists so I had a solar panel fitted by an independent company (half the cost quoted by Brownhills) Fault diagnosed as "disconnected engine battery, light in cab stays on, fault due to solar panel, after market fixture £163. Took back to installer "no fault found" £60. Bed lats jamming. Repaired front bed lat. £38. Bed lats still jamming. Discussed before I drove off that the bed lats were still jamming and they had repaired the wrong thing. "would you like us to look at the problem again". NO I will take it somewhere else. Got a good deal on purchase and dreadful after sales service. Shop around and haggle Brownhills should be your last resort. TC

My recent diatribe about very poor workmanship referred to a large dealer in Newark. The very same. Reading the above I'd say go to small claims court.:Angry:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>> Brownhills Poor service or is it just me?

Not unless you've been constantly posting problems with Brownhills since FUN started.

Based on moans here two things best avoided Swift and Brownhills and god help anyone who's bought a Swift from Brownhills.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
and there was me thinking they had vowed to rid themselves of their awful reputation after last year! :Eeek:

Wyn

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Thank goodness for forums like this where these crap companies can be exposed,vote with your feet!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
As long as you had the year habitation check done by an approved company all that should have been done under guarantee once approved by Autotrail.!! yes Brownhills have a poor reputation and to me it sound like you have been "stiffed"...
I also have a 2012 Apache 700... The unbonded facsia is common, due to heat from cooker, check side walls as they also can blister and fetch off the wood veneer. The power loss may be due to drain off the power supply and the controller, it has been discussed on forums in the past..

As a new vehicle, Brownwills should cover any issues in the first 12 months.
As far as I understand, In year 2 faults should be reported to Autotrail for a warrentee claim..

I had some issues and went back direct to the factory....

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Based on moans here two things best avoided Swift and Brownhills and god help anyone who's bought a Swift from Brownhills.

Can't comment about Brownhills but there are no problems that can't be sorted if you buy a Swift product from me or any other van for that matter should any arise.

Peter

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Sounds like a common problem.

Never bought a vehicle from Brownhills but have found both their spares and accessories people very good.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
so all the promises of better customer sarvice by the NEW managment team all came to sweet f××k all then.

Personally i wouldnt give them the snot from my nose, let alone my business.

oldmanriver

Free Member
May 24, 2013
gillingham kent
Funster No
MH
autotrail comanche
Exp
im a newbie
we bought ours from Brownhills, I would never go back, their warranty isn't worth the paper its written on, look at web site "brownfools":shout:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
This: Link Removed

No not just you, we had a motorhome from them, never again.:RollEyes:

It is always a good idea to check dealers out first. :Smile:

Link Removed

The worst thing was we knew what they were like, but they had what we wanted. :Doh: Bob.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
so all the promises of better customer sarvice by the NEW managment team all came to sweet f××k all then.

Personally i wouldnt give them the snot from my nose, let alone my business.

Ah, I take it you don't like them John :ROFLMAO:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
brownhills

when you have a business,particularly in the motor industry,problems do arise from time to time,that is a fact of life.but its how you correct and deal with those problems that is important:Smile: you just HAVE to make sure the customer is happy and satisfied.just my opinion as a business owner.
brian and jo

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
[/QUOTE]

I have a Swift Bolero, and apart from the (Fiat) fuel filter problem has been very reliable and we are very pleased with it, no plans to change anytime soon.! :thumb:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

I have a Swift Bolero, and apart from the (Fiat) fuel filter problem has been very reliable and we are very pleased with it, no plans to change anytime soon.! :thumb:[/QUOTE]

Fair comment. Loads of happy owners out there, but unfortunately mud sticks.....

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
I went into the parts department for some water hose and the storeman just carried on at the computer ignoring me for a good few minutes, some lessons needed in customer service.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
the only buisness that I gave brownhills was when we called in for a cuppa on our way past.
the service was actually pretty standard for a cafe. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I went into the parts department for some water hose and the storeman just carried on at the computer ignoring me for a good few minutes, some lessons needed in customer service.

At our local Fiat agent went in for a few bits, Guy sat gazing at a screen,

"OI! YOU IGNORING ME OR JUST TRYING TO LOOK INTELLIGENT !!!!"
"Be with you in a moment Sir"
"No mate! Serve me or phone your bloody manager! you can shop on line when I've left!!!"

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
when I brought mine from Brownhills.it was 24 years ago.they were really good then.then they moved next to the a1.since then the service has really gone downhill.tried ringing them about a spare part. they kept me waiting for 10mins.then hung up on me. now that's what you call service.:ROFLMAO::Sad:

kaybee

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2012
Been to Brownhills twice for spare parts. Couldn't be bothered to source what I needed so I will not go back there. Sourced the parts myself via this web site :Angry:

OP
OP
Terry49

Terry49

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Lymm
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
Bronhills warranty

As long as you had the year habitation check done by an approved company all that should have been done under guarantee once approved by Autotrail.!! yes Brownhills have a poor reputation and to me it sound like you have been "stiffed"...
I also have a 2012 Apache 700... The unbonded facsia is common, due to heat from cooker, check side walls as they also can blister and fetch off the wood veneer. The power loss may be due to drain off the power supply and the controller, it has been discussed on forums in the past..

As a new vehicle, Brownwills should cover any issues in the first 12 months.
As far as I understand, In year 2 faults should be reported to Autotrail for a warrentee claim..

I had some issues and went back direct to the factory....
Thanks Tonka. I have had no response from Brownhills and have arranged for my Habitation Check to be done by Auto-trail in Hull. I will still be chasing then re the problem of the battery discharge. The independent fitter for the solar panel suggested the fault was the regulator but when its intermittent he couldn't guarantee that it was but seems more logical. Barbara and I follow your travels with great interest and hope to bump into you on our travels. Terry

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I feel a bit of devilment coming. Will report back in a few days :roflmto:

Well, I sent an email to them asking them to contact me regarding a motorhome on their website.

If they can't be bothered to follow up a sales lead, I'm darn sure they won't bother replying to a problem

ronita

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
since 2007
We bought an Autotrail Apache 700 from Spinneys in Cheshire brand new 2012 few faults but all done with no cost to us and also provided me with a car.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back