Trumatic C problems in Marocco (1 Viewer)

Sep 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Transit Coachbuilt
Exp
Well travelled ex tugger.
Hi folks

My Trumatic C boiler lights runs for about a minute and then trips (red light comes on on the switch panel). It does light you can feel the heat coming out of the exhaust and when you switch the heater off the circulation fan blows warm air for about 2 minutes. I've checked the 2 fuses on the electric mother board and checked the exhaust for blockages. The exhaust/system fan can be seen working and you can feel the airflow at the exhaust. Any ideas?

Ps my batteries are fully charged they've not gone below 12.7v.

Marjohn has fitted a Maroc gas bottle into his system using his existing regulator but seems to be having problems. He describes it has only being half a flame and then it goes out. Any ideas?

Thanks folks.

Daiboy.

Last edited:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Perhaps you need to feed the Maroc Gas through a Maroc regulator - assuming you are feeding through two regulators

Is your battery voltage up to scratch and not the cause of the flame failure?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D
Sep 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Transit Coachbuilt
Exp
Ours had a similar problem and it was the combustion fan..
Thanks Sdc, I've had a look and you can see the fan running but maybe it not running fast enough.

Dai

OP
OP
D
Sep 21, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
Transit Coachbuilt
Exp
Perhaps you need to feed the Maroc Gas through a Maroc regulator - assuming you are feeding through two regulators

Is your battery voltage up to scratch and not the cause of the flame failure?

Thanks Ken, I'm going over to look at Johns once I've sorted ( or given up on) my heating.

Dai

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I'm sure you've tried it, but I have had a similar problem a couple of times and resetting the whole system cured it for me. I switched off the heater, switched off the power at the control panel then turned the master switch off. Then all back on again. Had to reset the clocks but it worked ok for me.
Allan

Delta3

Free Member
Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
10 years+
First post, so 'hello all'

Newly acquired Hobby 750 ( 2000 model) having the same problems as the OP....namely Trumatic C burner playing up, same symptoms as laid out above.

I hear what seems like some sort of ignition process going on, the flame establishing and then spluttering and going out.

We've only had the vehicle about a month now, and this has been a persistent problem, on some occasions the hot water side has kept on working for a period of time, the heating would initially cut out after a minute, and the longest we've had it run is about 5 mins.

Now, neither will run, just goes to trip out after circa 1 min.

Any ideas ? We are in Norfolk but everyone, like I assume elsewhere, is shut down so cannot get any pro assistance.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
First check - are your gas bottles full and turned on?
Next, check the regulator - turn on the rings on your gas hob then try the heater again. If the rings go very low or out you've got no gas pressure so most likely cause is a failed regulator. They're only rated for 10 years so a replacement wouldn't hurt anyway and if this isn't the problem you can keep the old one as a spare.
After this it gets a bit technical and I'm not qualified enough to respond, but since the original post (2014) there's been plenty of threads about it although you'll probably have to trawl through a lot to get your answer.
Just a thought - does your fridge work okay on gas?

Oh yes, and :welcome4: to the Fun.

Reactions: DBK

Delta3

Free Member
Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
10 years+
Terry L ta for the welcome and reply

Yes, gas works and bottles full, it looks like one bottle supplies the gas cooker and the other supplies 11kg does the heating and the hot water ( trumatc)

Underneath the fridge/pullout pan drawer there is 4 port isolator, so for each item there is a levered valve ( one spare) that you can 1/4 turn to isolate one or all items. Obviously I have turned them all off one at a time to see if this corresponding labels on the valves are correct and they were/are.

One of the bottles is full to the max ( 11 kg )and is the kind you can refill 80%, with a gauge on the top and is filled via the LPG outlet on the side of the vehicle, the other is a slightly smaller bottle ( 6kg) and is replaceable. I have also turned the latter off to make sure that my notion was correct of supplying two different parts of the van and it does.

Also when the isolator valve was turned off for the Trumatic combi there was no ignition phase,

That exhausted and as you may have guessed me finding this thread from way back, dusted it down and sent out an SOS that I have done a fair bit of rooting. I am wondering if it's the combustion fan PCB?

I did think the description of the combustion phase and it lighting and then fizzling out someone may recognise and say - Ah.....

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Could be the regulator gummed up, the hob & fridge will work but not enough flow for the Combi.

However as you are in Marocco you are probably running on butane, Combi's often don't like butane it can't deliver a thing like the flow rate that propane can. If you are running on butane see if you can borrow a propane bottle off someone to test it.

Edit:
It's a 6 year old thread just noticed you are not in Marocco.

Last edited:

Delta3

Free Member
Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
10 years+
Update

The second bottle doesn't appear to be doing anything ( the larger one)

Had a look under the van and both pipes go into one. in a tee. directly underneath the gas locker, which is a bit confusing ( what or where the other pipe comes from, a bit dark now to see) after the tee the pipe runs underneath towards the fridge and the isolation valve port.

So, anyway, changed the bottles over and still the same outcome, the TC is going into lock down after the initial burner phase.

Edited to say: Second pipe leads off to a cover on the outside of the van for what I presume is an outside BBQ point.

So as above, one pipe system not two as in my initial post. Swapped pipe over and put another regulator on, gas ring works well on all 3 rings, Truma combi is still going to lock out

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Best way is to google Truma boiler flash codes for your boiler those are for truma combi 4e& 6e

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Is this table of faults for the Trumatic C ( 2000 Hobby 750) C 603?
Your boiler may be quite an old version but I would think any fault codes would be similar, I suppose your boiler might not have a flash code system but worth looking.?

Jul 5, 2019
Funster No
MH
Fiat Hobby 700
Exp
3 years
Hi, yes we have the same problem, it won’t fire up, red light comes on. I’ve changed the fuses, put a new gas valve on, replaced the habitation heat monitor? And the thermostat control switch and it still won’t work. We’re based near Goole. East Yorkshire so if anyone knows of any repairer engineers in this area who would cone out and look at it we would greatly appreciate it.
Cheers. Pete

Delta3

Free Member
Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
10 years+
Your boiler may be quite an old version but I would think any fault codes would be similar, I suppose your boiler might not have a flash code system but worth looking.?
Cheers steve

Think our model is that old, don't see any flash code just a candle :cry: :ROFLMAO:

With P51 also posting with the same problem it sounds like it could be a common one.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Erm! Silly thought, have you tried turning the thermostat control up to maximum?

Delta3

Free Member
Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
10 years+
Erm! Silly thought, have you tried turning the thermostat control up to maximum?
Up, down - inside out, you name it I have tried it,

It's looking more and more like a circuit board imho.

Delta3

Free Member
Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
10 years+
Have you checked the room temperature sensor?
If you disconnect it the boiler should run at max.

On this particular model, there appears to be only one control unit for temperature setting.

No separate room stat, unless you know of a sensor elsewhere?

Attachments

• OIP.jpeg
    OIP.jpeg
    7.4 KB · Views: 4

Delta3

Free Member
Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
10 years+
Wahey,

Problem solved on the HW side of things, whether this is temporary or permanent remains to be seen.

We bought a rather expensive cover for 'Lady B' aka 'Fiipper...with roll up sides, it seems that even though I had held the cover away from the air intake, it wasn't sufficient, just rolled the cover up and hey presto, so lack of intake air to aid combustion was the problem, not tested the heating side yet.

Re: Heat sensor, not clapped my minces on one of those- yet.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Yep, that's your problem!

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
Saw the header for this thread and read is as 'TRAUMATIC C in Maracco' - thought must have a look at that and wonder what the C stands for and how many letters it had.

Now you know how my mind works anyway :rolleyes:

Thread not what I envisaged but still interesting - having said that the Mrs is watching Tipping Point so not a lot of competition :ROFLMAO:

Delta3

Free Member
Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
10 years+
Update:

Working well on the HW side of things.

On the Heating side, not so. Switches on and runs for about 5 minutes it seems to build up to a crescendo, backs off, goes again ( without cutting out) and then runs up again and then cuts out.

Could this be a faulty PCB on the fan unit...are the PCB's separate?

Delta3

Free Member
Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
10 years+
Further update,

After having rung the guy up who gave the gas side of things okay (gas certificate), and him telling me that it could be some debris in the burner and to blow it out with some air and also been in touch with a guy in Cannock that advertisers on Ebay replacement PCB's for the fan blower and him telling me that it could be either an air intake problem or a problem with the high rate gas valve.

Since the above I have lowered the temperature on the stat down to 20C and if by some sort of magic, the heater is now staying on. So all is well in the world, got both hot water and heating. Now onto that leaking shower tray ( which I have a remedy for after being quoted £450 from a local caravan maintenance guy around these parts)

Motorhome-dude

Free Member
Jun 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
A class since 2011
Hi Delta 3,

I've got exactly the same van and came up against the same problem with the heater. I took it to a local "approved Truma technician" who managed to break the exterior vent and left me with the same problem plus a broken vent.

After some discussion on several sites I contacted Truma directly (from memory they're somewhere South of Manchester) They don't like doing the work themselves. Apparently it takes work away from their approved technicians. But if you can show you've tried that route and it didn't work, they might book you in.

They told me our boilers are bullet proof. They almost never fail. They just need a good service.

I had my boiler serviced (nearly £300!!) But they changed everything. They even found the bit of broken vent cover that had slipped down inside the fan.

The whole boiler was removed from the van and bench tested. I was allowed to watch. They showed me all the issues. Some parts they said must be changed and others were optional (nearing end of life, worn but not broken etc etc) I followed their advice. Everything was changed

They also have a nice canteen to wait in.

It took 7 hours to service and replace everything.

I used to get strange "whooshing" or "whoomping" while the heater was working and the curved cupboard used to get incredibly hot. I'd get strange noises and clicking then the heater would go to fault and shut down.

It was nothing to do with the PCB. It was build up of deposits and some parts wearing (internal fan, internal fan bearings, gas jets, some pipework)

The heating and hot water now work faultlessly and silent.

Before you invest in a PCB I'd suggest a call to Truma and let them look at it.

David.

Delta3

Free Member
Jan 12, 2020
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
10 years+
Hi Delta 3,

I've got exactly the same van and came up against the same problem with the heater. I took it to a local "approved Truma technician" who managed to break the exterior vent and left me with the same problem plus a broken vent.

After some discussion on several sites I contacted Truma directly (from memory they're somewhere South of Manchester) They don't like doing the work themselves. Apparently it takes work away from their approved technicians. But if you can show you've tried that route and it didn't work, they might book you in.

They told me our boilers are bullet proof. They almost never fail. They just need a good service.

I had my boiler serviced (nearly £300!!) But they changed everything. They even found the bit of broken vent cover that had slipped down inside the fan.

The whole boiler was removed from the van and bench tested. I was allowed to watch. They showed me all the issues. Some parts they said must be changed and others were optional (nearing end of life, worn but not broken etc etc) I followed their advice. Everything was changed

They also have a nice canteen to wait in.

It took 7 hours to service and replace everything.

I used to get strange "whooshing" or "whoomping" while the heater was working and the curved cupboard used to get incredibly hot. I'd get strange noises and clicking then the heater would go to fault and shut down.

It was nothing to do with the PCB. It was build up of deposits and some parts wearing (internal fan, internal fan bearings, gas jets, some pipework)

The heating and hot water now work faultlessly and silent.

Before you invest in a PCB I'd suggest a call to Truma and let them look at it.
David.
Hi David

thanks for the reply ( btw) watched all your videos on YT whilst hunting round looking for a 750 to buy, the wife never liked the look of them but now we have it, I think she is won round, but need everything to be spot on post Covid just to prevent her from claiming I have bought a bag of spanners.

As for me, love the beast. Rides like it's on rails, We had an Abbey Spectrum Caravan 540, with French bed and rear bathroom, now that thing, for us, was the perfect lay out and I if I could have afforded a MH with the same configuration - L-shaped lounge with gas fire at an angle, I would have snapped their hands off. And they say the Hobby has exceptional locker room, the Abbey knocks it's socks off. I have just managed to get everything we had in the Abbey in the MH ( Lady B) bar some clothing.

Anyway, onto the gas.

At the moment mine is running 'A'- 0kay!!! But not taken it above about 22C which appears to be enough to keep the place snug. I did read somewhere from another poster that their food cupboard got hot too, so I have taken to leaving it ajar when on. But I take on board about needing a good service and it would be something I would be only too happy to have done.

So who is the company and are they still around?

Cheers for the reply!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back