Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We just (tonight) turned down a large, no very large, 6 figure sum for motorhomefun. I can't tell you it was an easy decision, we did think long and hard about it and in these last couple of days in quiet day dream type moments I've been thinking where we would spend the money much like a lottery winner might.

But selling motorhomefun would be like selling one of the children, we just couldn't bring ourselves to do it. We want to build motorhome Fun into the best motorhome club there is, (if it isn't already:winky:) With all our soul searching we came to the conclusion, that we always knew to be true, that this place is much more than just an asset we can sell, its a whole lifestyle made up of real people and real friends and that makes it pretty priceless to us. So tonight we said No thanks, we'd rather stay skint.

To be honest were still reeling a little, but sure we've made the right decision but I suppose only time will tell. :gulp:

Long live MotorhomeFun::bigsmile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Wow you two. That must have been really difficult for you ... security for the kids future and all that...... I know I should say well done and thank you, but you know that whatever decision you make we would all be behind you and understand. Bet you feel like breaking the dry January now don't you. Here's hoping it was the right decision for you after all your hard work to date.:thumb:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Holy cow, thats a decision and a half...
and with the one you've made...i think answers one of your goals.... its got to be the best club already...what with owners that dedicated and wanting to stay with the brood!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mastercamper

Free Member
Dec 7, 2013
Northumberland Flag Flier
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
50 years campervanning
Wow you two. That must have been really difficult for you ... security for the kids future and all that...... I know I should say well done and thank you, but you know that whatever decision you make we would all be behind you and understand. Bet you feel like breaking the dry January now don't you. Here's hoping it was the right decision for you after all your hard work to date.:thumb:

Jim, I can only endorse these comments, respect your decision, and thank you for sharing it with us. Don`t ask what I would have done in similar circumstances, because I doubt that I would have the courage to by pass such financial security. As I said, RESPECT.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Never met you, never (knowingly) met another 'funster' but this site has been a life-line to reality for me.

So much more than a motorhome forum

Keep up the good work:thumb:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Mr sir lord and master of the funsters
thanks For not selling
us to the Chinese or worser the yanks

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I for one would have dropped it like a hot potato would have been gone faster than a rat down a drain pipe
because it would have just become a ware zone on the forum just like the dark side or even worse taken over by them:wooo::wooo::imoutahere:

Jan 9, 2013
Newbury
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Never met you, never (knowingly) met another 'funster' but this site has been a life-line to reality for me.

So much more than a motorhome forum

Keep up the good work:thumb:

Ditto - I don't think I've ever met another Funster apart from Peter (John's Cross) - who recommend you - now love this community! Well done Jim. :thumb:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Top man Jim:thumb: I can only echo Joy's lovely statement

Bill, it did occur to me that there would be a little ironic if it was [STRIKE]sold out[/STRIKE] taken over by the same lot as the other MHF......

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Jim & Siàn much respect, and you known how much I enjoy Fun and the Funsters but I would still respect you just as much if you felt the decision was made the other way, as these this things don't come Around too often, whichever way it is/was Jim your a gent. Hats off to you.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Very glad you didn't sell but equally wouldn't have blamed you if you had. I haven't been a member that long but value the community and friendships I have made over the last couple of years very much. Cannot see it staying the same type of community without you two to guide it.

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
One word sums it up:

RESPECT

Putting others first takes a "big" man. Well done.

JohnH

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Very glad you didn't sell but equally wouldn't have blamed you if you had. I haven't been a member that long but value the community and friendships I have made over the last couple of years very much. Cannot see it staying the same type of community without you two to guide it.

Ditto
Your are brave people many would have sold and run
I sincerely do admire your style

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Jim I have heard through the grapevine the prospective buyers would honour old Mo's life membership and that's the real reason you didn't sell.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm glad you didn't Jim but remember sometimes you have to be selfish and do whats right for you, I personally think that's what you have done as money can't buy what this forum offers. In second thoughts it can £10 a year :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
there would always be another option open to you Jim....form a ltd company and sell shares but always retain 51% that way you have cash and the club is secure if anything god forbid happens to you

i would invest and i am sure there are plenty more who would as well

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
This story is a warning to us all. Start frying bacon on an industrial scale and it becomes impossible to give it up.

I believe, Jim, that you have a hamdiction and just hope you haven't made a rasher decision :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I will second what everyone else has said, Fun has been invaluable to me over the last 3 years from the moment I thought about replacing the caravan with a motorhome, shame we have not met on a rally but at some in the future we may be able to put that right.

On the plus side Jim, the interest rates are crap so you may as well leave your investment where it is for now !!!:thumb::beer:

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Well done and thank you Jim, don't know if I would have the courage to make the same decision. I have been a member for a number of years but have never met any other members, this year I am determined to attend at least one rally to meet some of you guys.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Well done Jim, and thank you for sharing your decision with us. :thumb:

Glad to know 'Fun' remains in your safe hands! ::bigsmile:

Mike

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Be assured if it is worth a juicy figure now, they will be back with a better offer later. We all hope it will be much later.

If you do, do a deal, you could insert a clause to peg the existing members subs at current rates for the future, and insist on no more adverts, I drink whisky by the way !! :roflmto:

Oct 22, 2012
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T590
Exp
Thanks Jim for sharing with us all and your open attitude to the club and it's members. You were already held in high esteem and your decision enhances that view.
We feel confident with you and Sian to guide us.
Thanks again Rex & Cherry

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We are only newbies but love how real & alive this website is compared to others & are looking forward to meeting like minded people at the rallies. Mostly it seems that Funsters really want to help each other. Also being able to log on from wherever you are in the world & get speedy instant advice is a great resource - I saw the post asking for a good emergency dentist in Morocco & was amazed at the swift replies! Now if we have a motorhome query & we can't find an answer we know a team of people who will... It would be a shame for that to change.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back