Motorhomeless at the moment (1 Viewer)

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
As well as all of the Auto-Trail related problems we are having the Fiat ones have started to creep in.
Before Xmas the ABS warning light came on so I took it to North East Truck and Van (my local Iveco dealers as stated in the handbook) and they diagnosed a faulty sensor. This they ordered with the promise to ring me when it arrived. :ROFLMAO:
I rang them on Tuesday and was told it was in stock and arranged to go in yesterday and wait while the one hours work was done. I was there at 07.30 and sat until 12.00, having watched the MH go out and return several times for "test runs", when I was told that there was a problem that they couldn't find, so could I leave it as they would have to strip it down to find it.
I rang at 12.00 today to see what progress had been made. The parts necessary for the repair (?) had arrived, but they couldn't work on it as they had loads of break downs to sort out.
Just rang them now and I can collect it tonight or in the morning. So it will be tonight.
I still don't know what the problem was but will no doubt find out when I collect it.
Good job it's warranty work. :thumb:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
If you are on an X250 chassis here's a tip. We took two years to sort an ABS light, eventually traced to a wire rubbing through the insulation behind the nearside headlamp. Auto-electrics guy was a master to find it.

The fault showed as a faulty sensor.

Rgds
Bill

OP
OP
knokinonabit
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Just been to collect the MH from NETV.

They have replaced a hub as they said the sensor had not been fitted properly from new and had rubbed away the coating on the hub.

Drove away all happy and smiley. Only lasted 2 miles.

Guess what ?

The ABS warning light came on :Angry:

Another phone call in the morning. Perhaps I will tell them about the wire rubbing behind the nearside headlight and see what they say.

To say I am pi**ed off with this MH would be an understatement :shout:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
knokinonabit
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Result

Collected the MH on Monday night after returning it for the ABS light problem.
It would seem that NETV had found and fixed the problem the first time, but when it was put back together one of the push fit connectors had not been replaced properly and had worked loose. Took them ages to find it, but they did and now it is sorted. :thumb:

All of the other problems that have been nagging away (see Auto-Trail woes thread) should soon be fixed as it is going into Catterick Caravans on the 25th of this month for a week, with the promise that all will be sorted.
The only thing that won't be done is the gas locker storage issue, which is a design fault, and I doubt it will ever be rectified.

buckby

Free Member
Sep 6, 2013
nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Tie wraps on locker door opening mechanism that's how mine is fits 2 13kg bottles ok:thumb:

OP
OP
knokinonabit
Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Tie wraps on locker door opening mechanism that's how mine is fits 2 13kg bottles ok:thumb:

Tie wraps on mine too, but the door won't close as the catches foul on the gas bottles. Apparently not uncommon on the Comanche.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
As well as all of the Auto-Trail related problems we are having the Fiat ones have started to creep in.
Before Xmas the ABS warning light came on so I took it to North East Truck and Van (my local Iveco dealers as stated in the handbook) and they diagnosed a faulty sensor. This they ordered with the promise to ring me when it arrived. :ROFLMAO:
I rang them on Tuesday and was told it was in stock and arranged to go in yesterday and wait while the one hours work was done. I was there at 07.30 and sat until 12.00, having watched the MH go out and return several times for "test runs", when I was told that there was a problem that they couldn't find, so could I leave it as they would have to strip it down to find it.
I rang at 12.00 today to see what progress had been made. The parts necessary for the repair (?) had arrived, but they couldn't work on it as they had loads of break downs to sort out.
Just rang them now and I can collect it tonight or in the morning. So it will be tonight.
I still don't know what the problem was but will no doubt find out when I collect it.
Good job it's warranty work. :thumb:

I have got to say this and I do not mean it nasty.

But regarding this van you would not have any luck at all if it was not bad.

:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back