en france, a little help please... (1 Viewer)

K

Kevit

Deleted User
Hi all, its us, sat outside le mcdonalds in the dordogne...

just a quickie to say we have now entered week 3 and its heavenly, the french roads really do put ours to shame. No probs buying French gas bottle, 39euros all in, inc new regulator.
Diesel is approx 1.50-1.55 euros per litre. unleaded is 1.55-165.

We have one small prob one of you fab people may be able to help with, our loo has ceased to flush. Its a Thetford cassette system with the electric button that takes water from main tank. i took off the main water pipe, and there is water getting to the loo pipe, the pump is working, so i think it must be the valve that is inline between the main pipe and the loo. There is also something called a reed switch, which i have no clue about..any thoughts mes amis??

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Diesel

Just back from a (Flying) week in Alicanti. Interesting to note that all countries pay the same for their oil (or do they) and a :thumb:litre in Spain was Euro 1.40 (E 1.21 to the £) so a bit cheaper than here. Rip off or what!

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Just back from a (Flying) week in Alicanti. Interesting to note that all countries pay the same for their oil (or do they) and a :thumb:litre in Spain was Euro 1.40 (E 1.21 to the £) so a bit cheaper than here. Rip off or what!

Yes indeed a huge rip off:cry: but there again this is RIP OFF BRITAIN isnt it??:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Kevin a reed switch is usually a small sealed relay operated by a magnet, you often see them on windows and doors, you fix the reed switch to the door frame and the magnet to the door, close the door and it operates the switch.

Don't know how its used on the thetford, but possibilities could be that you can't flush unless the blade is open, or the cassette is properly home.

Olley

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back