Best UK toilet block (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Just back from shower block at Grantown on Spey CC club site, I think it is actually affiliated rather than a true CC site

Whichever, not only is it open all year, the toilet block has under floor heating and is warmer than my own house. Shower water is hotter than you can take, needs cooling and works off standard taps, not push buttons

My vote by a mile for toilet block of the year

Not so sure about the benefit of my 'super pitch' main function is tap on pitch, not much good when air temperature below zero!!

But that makes the toilet block even more appreciated

Off to Durness tomorrow, free site, cold water only in toilets!!

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
Off to Durness tomorrow......

.... which is the inspiration for John Lennon's song "In my Life." (There are places I remeber all my life, though some have changed etc ......)
Look out for the John Lennon Memorial, just by the local Community Centre, and you just might come across a roadside plaque marking the location of a car accident he had there with his wife Yoko Ono.:Smile:

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
We can second a vote for Grantown on Spey loos......although we haven't stayed on many sites yet it has to be our best so far and it gets extra points for being so warm in January! ...lovely, clean and spacious, very pleasant and helpful wardens too, cracking location, will return. Well worth a winter trip if weather allows. Great TV reception too.:thumb:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Totally agree about the toilet block. And what you get for the super pitch. We took one to ensure we got tv , in case of bad weather. Wouldn't work with the sat box they gave us an the pitch we were on didn't pick up a great digital signal. I'd definitely return but not to a super pitch.:Smile:

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Totally agree about the toilet block. And what you get for the super pitch. We took one to ensure we got tv , in case of bad weather. Wouldn't work with the sat box they gave us an the pitch we were on didn't pick up a great digital signal. I'd definitely return but not to a super pitch.:Smile:

A Super Pitch is a minimum of 9 metres wide with own water/waste; 16 amp electric, and WIFI

The Super pitch was worth it to us mainly for improved electrics, I ran coffee machine, 2KW heating, microwave, Ramoska, charged phones etc etc all at same time... no tripping out, saved my gas and had free wi fi (only 1 connection at any time) Our TV found plenty channels it had 39 after a minute or so of searching then I didn't check again, just let it finish searching .....maybe it depends on your tele?

We didn't bother with the Sat box provided but knew we probably wouldn't bother with it anyway .... Much nicer to just stumble about in the moonlight looking for the northern lights, then dive into the loos for as long a hot shower as you like.:Smile:::bigsmile:

Suppose its always a toss up whether you get value from a super pitch or not .....depends on your needs, expectation and priorities. In summer not so bothered about electrics at all especially if weather good. ::bigsmile:

£22 for peaceful good nights sleep with all above in temps below zero ticks all my boxes.::bigsmile::winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back