Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
We had rain last night.......how dare it, went to old fashioned farmers market this morning, could have bought a new.....ish tractor, even a solex bike although it wasn't working, thought of JJ :ROFLMAO:, a few chickens was bought by Big Pedro, barby soon, bought a gallon of olive oil so we can have REAL chips, all in all, having a great time, and the sun has come back out again.

Attachments

• P1050239.jpg
    P1050239.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 178
  • P1050237.jpg
    P1050237.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 172

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
No rain in Totana, but grey sky at the moment.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: LAM

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
You only get REAL chips using LARD! Ahhhhhhhh.......Chips cooked in lard are the best ever!

So is it Egg and Chips or Chicken and Chips then Ray. :winky::ROFLMAO:

Raining in Javea today, really nice yesterday. :thumb: Bob.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Whats Portuguese for "lard" it was bad enough ask for suet in Spain, so olive oil it is, :thumb:

It will be a lot healthier Ray, now you are older you don't need Lard to keep you warm. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Rayb182

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Never mind about the tiny amount of light drizzle and all that food Ray...

How much was the Solex and where was it?

JJ :Cool:
Its a farmers market in Algoz, there were people around all shaking hands and getting all excited about the Solex while another man swearing trying to get it started, all very funny, :ROFLMAO:
There was a tractor there, called Lamborghini, :Smile:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We had rain last night.......how dare it, went to old fashioned farmers market this morning, could have bought a new.....ish tractor, even a solex bike although it wasn't working, thought of JJ :ROFLMAO:, a few chickens was bought by Big Pedro, barby soon, bought a gallon of olive oil so we can have REAL chips, all in all, having a great time, and the sun has come back out again.

Broken Link Removed

:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Are you sure?

My VeloSolex = petrol engine over front wheel... not electric! :winky:

JJ :Cool:

http://www.solexbikes.com/

Broken Link Removed Redefining electric bicycles:
the Solex way!

Solex strives to offer the best riding experience on electric bicycles. We want to create beautiful e-bikes that have the best of old school styling and are crammed with the most possible technological features available. We believe that our line of electric bicycles respond to every possible need that a rider, whether newly discovering our brand or being a long-time fan, possesses. We are confident that after trying our electric bicycles once, you will fall in love with it.

:RollEyes::Doh::RollEyes::Doh:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Its a farmers market in Algoz, there were people around all shaking hands and getting all excited about the Solex while another man swearing trying to get it started, all very funny, :ROFLMAO:
There was a tractor there, called Lamborghini, :Smile:

yep !!! Lamborghini make tractors too.....and probably since before they made cars

http://www.lamborghini-tractors.com/en-ND/?lang=en-ND

Last edited:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Tootles, You Philistine the finest chips are cooked in beef dripping:RollEyes:

So when did you last see real beef dripping available?? Its this bland stuff these days, sold in butchers windows in a paper packet. No jelly, just BLAND.
A really decent lard is much better. Olive oil?? BLAAAAAAAA.... Ok for making your hair shine, (if you still have any), but on food? No way. I can live with corn oil, but olive oil I would rather run the car on. ::bigsmile:
Italy is the main producer of the stuff. They also made tanks with 13 reverse gears, very tinny sports cars, and the thinnest book in the world, 'The Italian Book of War Heroes'. :winky:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
so how is the venerable velosolex these days @JJ, is it still running, never see it in the photos.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
We had no rain further north than you and clear sky all night (again). Beautiful day again today and hopefully will stay this way for next few weeks.

Kath

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Originally posted in January 2014 , we have had no rain here in the Algarve for almost five weeks---- Hey and no sign of a hosepipe ban

this is now 2015 for anyone stuck in a time warp

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Lol, I never noticed the date! I thought it was today as the gypsy market was on!

Kath

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Wrong--- proper chips should be cooked in dripping, lard stinks the house out

Yes that's what I meant beef dripping. When a kid I used to have beef dripping on slices of bread yummy

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Kath Madwife where are you and Howie, were you at the gypsy market as we were too as now at Pedro's

Kath x

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
And we still don't know how JJ's Solex is doing - last time I saw that was at Shepton Mallet about 5 years ago

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
No way whale oil. They've suffered enough what with the Japs hunting and killing them for their so called 'research'

Just jesting,but I can Remember in the late 50s/early 60s that's what the fish and chips were cooked in ....Gross when you think of it.Thank the lord this country banned the hunting of the whale for food and oil.:sick: :party2:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back